The best part about this salad is that it is quick, easy, cheap and great for a weight loss diet or general healthy eating plan.
Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fibre. Tuna is an easy way to obtain and consume some nutritious omega 3 fatty acids and protein.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 x 200 gram can of spring water tuna drained
- 1 x 400gram can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 2 cups of mixed lettuce
- 2 spring onions diced
- 1 lemon (half for squeezing, half for wedges)
- 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Optional additional ingredients
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa
Chop, drain, rinse and prepare all ingredients and mix together in a bowl.
Without additional ingredients 270 calories per serve.
With ingredients 380 calories