This healthy recipe is perfect for busy mums who don’t have any time in the morning.
By combining all the porridge ingredients into a bowl the night before you are taking the hard work out of the morning dash.
Once you get the basic 3 ingredient recipe down you can then tweak away as per the below suggestions.
- Leave out the banana and add sultanas
- Add in a teaspoon of chia seeds
- Add a handful of crushed nuts instead of the nut butter
- Sprinkle over some coconut flakes for some crunch
- Leave out the yoghurt and add more milk
- Add some passionfruit or chopped kiwi fruit
The possibilities are endless!
This porridge can be eaten as is (perfect for when the weather is hot) or you can pop it in the microwave to warm up if you prefer it that way.
- 1/3 cup whole oats
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/3 cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- Cinnamon to taste – optional
- ½ banana, very finely chopped and diced – optional
- 1 tsp nut butter (to be added in the morning) – optional
- Berries (to be added in the morning) – optional
- Before you go to bed, place the oats, milk, yoghurt, banana and cinnamon into your favourite bowl.
- Stir well, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir again and add a teaspoon of nut butter (e.g. 100% peanut or cashew butter) and the berries.
- Warm up in the microwave if desired, or tuck straight in as is.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 325.
Want to take the guesswork out of what to have for breakfast? Join the next 28 Day Challenge where you are given recipes for healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks each day.