4 ingredient Rice Bubble Christmas Trees
Looking for some fun Christmas-themed baking to do with the kids, but without any ACTUAL baking in the oven? We’ve got the recipe for you….
These cute Rice Bubble Christmas Trees require minimal ingredients and only a small amount of grown-up stove top stirring time.
The kids will have a ball decorating these with sprinkles, silver balls, stars (or whatever you have on hand).
Christmas and healthy eating can go hand in hand if you are following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. We have STACKS of Christmas recipes on our challenge hub, or check out the Festive Cookbook for more ideas.
- 1 cup rice bubbles
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup/ or honey
- green food colouring around 3 drops of gel colouring
- Decorations of choice
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Pour Rice Bubbles into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine the peanut butter and rice malt syrup. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add food colouring (a couple of drops at a time, amount will vary by brand and type) and mix well.
- Working quickly, combine both mixtures until Rice Bubbles are fully coated.
- Mould into tree shapes with your hands and stand on the baking paper lined tray.
- Decorate as desired with sprinkles, stars and balls.
180 calories each excluding decorations
The Healthy Mummy Festive Cookbook
The Festive Cookbook is an absolute must-have this Christmas.
The eBook features everything from how to stay on track during the silly season to dos and don’ts on alcoholic beverages. The book also features a range of healthy yet delicious recipes, including Starters, Sides, Mains, Desserts, Smoothies, Leftovers and Cocktails.