Thanks for requesting your FREE Healthy Pregnancy Eating & Exercise Plan Sneak Peek! An email is on it’s way – or click here to download now!
Did you know we have a dedicated PREGNANCY Smoothie?
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is a convenient and nutritious drink designed to help your prenatal vitamin intake by complementing your existing pregnancy supplements. Our Pregnancy Smoothie has been carefully developed to help you meet the increased nutritional requirements of pregnant women. The Pregnancy Smoothie is made from whole foods, is high in protein and calcium, contains probiotics and is a good source of fibre. Check out the product page here for more information!
Pregnant women need additional calories and nutrients in pregnancy and our Pregnancy Smoothie and Eating & Exercise Book have been specially formulated to help women reach these additional calorie and nutrient needs.
*Please note that The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy range promotes healthy weight gain in pregnancy*
More about The Pregnancy Smoothie
The pregnancy smoothie is free of chemicals, fillers and artificial ingredients, has no fructose, no added sugar and uses high quality dairy protein sourced from grass fed cows in New Zealand.
Please read below for all the information on the smoothie – you can also see the FAQ on the smoothie here.
Check out this DELICIOUS Maple Cashew Milk Boosting Smoothie!
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie mix
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked overnight or minimum 4 hours
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp oatmeal
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon and
- 4-5 ice cubes
Soak 1/2 cup Raw Cashews overnight or minimum 4 hours
Add 2 cups of water to your blender with the drained cashews and blend until smooth.
Add rest of the ingredients to blender and blend for 2 minutes.
Calories: 325 , Carbs: 15g, Protein: 18g Fat: 16g Fibre: 9.1g
How Can The Pregnancy Smoothie Help?
- HEALTHY INCREASED CALORIES – Additional nutrients and calories are needed in pregnancy to support the mum and the baby – and the smoothie is a convenient and tasty way to increase your calories in pregnancy whilst nourishing your body.
- MORNING SICKNESS – If you are suffering from morning sickness and find eating food difficult – the smoothie is a great way to nourish your body with a easy to drink smoothie- it also contains ginger.
- TIREDNESS – If you are feeling exhausted, the smoothie is a nutrient dense snack high in protein, B vitamins and low constipation iron to help keep energy levels up.
- CONVENIENT- if you are struggling to find the time or energy to eat nutrient dense and healthy foods then the smoothie will be a great help. You could also have it as a quick breakfast by adding fruit, oats and vegetables to your smoothie to further increase calories.
- PROTEIN & CALCIUM – It is ideal as a high-protein, high-calcium snack in pregnancy with each smoothie giving you 30% of your protein needs
Nourish Your Body In Pregnancy
During pregnancy the nutritional demands on your body are greater in support of the growing baby along with alterations in maternal tissues and metabolism. The requirements of protein and nutrients, particularly folate, iodine, calcium, iron and zinc are higher.
During the second and third trimester additional protein is required for the growth of foetal, placental and maternal tissues, and estimated energy requirements are also higher.
Key Nutrients Needed For Pregnancy
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie provides a Good Source of Vitamins & Minerals – providing extra nutrition, including protein, vitamins & minerals for expectant mums
- Folate – contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. Consumption of at least 400mcg† per day, at least one month before & three months following conception may reduce the risk of fetal neural tube defects
- Vitamin B12 – necessary for normal cell division, neurological structure & function, & contributes to normal blood formation, which are important processes during pregnancy
- Calcium – necessary for normal teeth, bone structure, important for baby’s development
- Iodine, Phosphorous, Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 – contribute to normal growth & development, including that of the baby
- Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate & Iron– contributes to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue, symptoms often experienced by expectant mums
- Protein – necessary for tissue building & repair, normal growth & development of bone & contributes to the growth of muscle mass
- Probiotics – contribute to gastrointestinal health & the maintenance of beneficial gastrointestinal microflora, which can benefit pregnant women
- Fibre – aids in regular bowel motions, which can become irregular during pregnancy.
You can download the Pregnancy Smoothie Label here.
What Do The Experts Say?
Ali Pickes, Midwife says:
“The Smoothie is an easy, convenient way for mums to intake the essential vitamins required to assist pregnancy. The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie contains Folate, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iodine, Vitamin C, Protein, Probiotics, Fibre and many more nutrients important in pregnancy.
These are all vitamins and minerals that pregnant women require but can struggle to consume. Having a Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is an easy way to give you energy and help you glow.
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is not a meal replacement but an ideal snack to compliment pregnancy supplements. Having easy accessible snacks on hand when you are pregnant can assist acid build up or reflux, a common complaint in pregnancy. It assists by helping your digestive system to process smaller meals rather than larger meals, which are harder to digest.”
Cheree Sheldon, Nutritionist says:
“As pregnancy is one of my special passions, I was eager to see the new Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie. After studying the ingredients I would not hesitate to recommend it to my clients. In fact, I would probably prescribe it!
It has such a nice formula, with about 100 calories per serve (not including ingredients you combine it with), it is a perfect size for a snack. Protein content is important in a pregnancy Smoothie, as from pre-conception, through to after baby arrives, it is required in higher amounts, and this provides a really good amount of protein, with 30% of your daily intake per serve.
Normally, I don’t encourage people to have a pre-made smoothie as they are sugar laden, or full of fillers and chemicals, but The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie has no artificial colours or preservatives and is not GMO. As it is sweetened with thuamatin, a natural sweetener from fruit, it is not artificially sweetened and has no sugar, or fructose, so will not have a negative impact on your blood sugars.
PLUS, we also have a dedicated Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Support Group!
This private support group provides a positive place to support pregnant women to have a healthy pregnancy with motivation, support and content for is healthy eating & exercise in pregnancy.