Celebrities such as Jennifer Anniston, the Kardashians and Busy Philips are known to be fans of collagen supplements but what exactly is collagen, and what does it do?
We take a closer look below.
Collagen – what is it and what does it do?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and gives structure to your skin, bones, muscles, and all other connective tissue.
It is found in tendons, skin, artery walls, cornea, the endomysium surrounding muscle fibres, fibrocartilage, and the organic part of bones and teeth.
Making up nearly 80% of your skin, it’s found in the middle layer called the dermis. It works together with another protein called elastin to strengthen the skin and help it snap back into place when stretched.
Collagen not only reduces wrinkles, but it also keeps your joints strong and flexible, supports strong bones, and increases skin hydration.
Your body naturally produces collagen every day but as you get older your body produces less collagen, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles.
7 benefits of collagen
1. May ease joint pain and degeneration. It helps your joints move more easily. Reduces pain often associated with aging and even reduces the risk of joint deterioration.
2. Improves the health of skin, hair and nails. Improves skin elasticity, skin moisture, water loss (dryness), firmness and skin roughness. Improving your skin’s elasticity through collagen helps reduce that dimpling on your skin known as cellulite.
3. Helps boost metabolism, build muscle and burn fat.
4. Improves digestive health and may help heal Leaky Gut. Helps break down proteins and soothes your gut’s lining, healing damaged cell walls and infusing it with healing amino acids.
5. Balances hormones and promotes quality sleep.
6. Protects your heart. Collagen is essential in maintaining cardiovascular tissue.
7. Improves liver function.
The Healthy Mummy Beauty Collagen Powder
What is in The Beauty Collagen Powder?
The powder contains Marine Collagen, Vitamin C and Zinc PLUS superfood ingredients clinically proven to protect cells from free radical damage as well as maintaining normal hair and nails.
These superfoods are:
- Kakadu Plum – Vitamin C & Antioxidants
- Acai Berry – Rich in Antioxidants
- Acerola Berry – Vitamin C
What can our Beauty Collagen Powder do for your skin?
A lack of sleep and motherhood can deplete our skin of vitality, health and normal functioning.
Taking collagen orally can improve skin elasticity, reduce wrinkles, and increase skin moisture.
Our Beauty Collagen Powder has been CLINICALLY PROVEN to visibly improve skin smoothness after four weeks!
Our expert nutritionist Cheree Sheldon says:
“Collagen is an essential structure of our connective tissues, we make it ourselves, but as we age, we need a bit of a boost!
Most of us don’t eat a nose to tail diet the way our ancestors did, so we are missing out on some awesome dietary collagen.
The Healthy Mummy collagen powder is a great way to supplement our diets without stewing bones for hours and sucking on marrow!
Think beauty from the inside out!
It can help the lining of our tummies, improve digestion, enhance our skin integrity, balance our complexions, and strengthen our hair and nails.
It’s multiple uses make it such a fantastic supplement to our day.
I even used collagen during pregnancy to help reduce the awful feeling of reflux, and put it in my daughter’s smoothie when she is having a growth spurt!”
How to use?
Simply add two tsp of the powder to a glass of water or even add to your Healthy Mummy Smoothie daily and your beauty routine is done! It’s that simple and perfect for busy mums.
Or try this delicious Lemon and Strawberry Collagen Sparkler recipe.
What’s more is The Beauty Collagen Powder is safe in pregnancy AND breastfeeding, however, every woman and child is different so we recommend you check with your health professional.
If you are fed up with fine lines and wrinkles, achy joints and lacklustre hair and nails, maybe it’s time to consider collagen.
Want to help boost your skin’s health and vitality? Get your hands on The Healthy Mummy SKIN Beauty Collagen Powder.
The Healthy Mummy SKIN Beauty Collagen Powder has been designed to meet the beauty concerns of tired, busy mums.
This DELICIOUS once daily addition to your beauty routine blends all the benefits you know and love of collagen with the added restorative powers of protein, vitamin C, zinc and iron.
These powerful elements work together to generate beauty from the inside by supporting:
- Collagen formation in the skin thanks to the Vitamin C
- Cell protection from free radical damage thanks to Vitamin C and Zinc
- Healthy hair and nails thanks to Zinc
- Connective tissue structure thanks to Vitamin C
- Tissue building and repair thanks to the protein
- Collagen type I formation in bones & cartilage thanks to Vitamin C