If you are looking for a healthy eating slice that won’t ruin your weight loss efforts then at The Healthy Mummy, we have you covered! This no added sugar and also dairy free lemon and coconut slice will be loved by the whole family and you can still have it as a treat on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge too.
Plus, it’s great for lunch boxes!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 lemons, juiced and rind zested
- 300g coconut yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Line a long non-stick loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the slice base layer in a food processor until well combined – use a little water if needed to bring the mix together.
- Press into the prepared tin and place into the freezer until firm.
- Mix all the topping ingredients in a food processor until well combined and pour over the base layer.
- Return the tin to the freezer until topping has set.
- Slice into 15 pieces. 1 serve is 1 piece.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Remove a piece approximately 30 minutes before ready to serve to defrost slightly.
And if you loved this recipe – check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here with over 3,500 yummy and healthy recipes!