Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Find healthy, nutritious, and incredibly satisfying fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies to add to your weight loss meal plan here! These delicious weight loss smoothie and shake recipes are perfect for The Healthy Mummy who wants to lose weight post-pregnancy. With recipes from our Healthy Mummy Community and team, you’ll enjoy sensational smoothie combinations perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Looking for something in particular? You can browse all our healthy meals and recipes or choose a category below:
The Healthy Mummy Guide to Weight Loss Smoothies
Smoothies have grown in popularity over the last few years, especially for mums. And it’s not surprising… smoothies and shakes are convenient, low-mess, and taste delicious. Plus, they fit right into your busy life and support you in your weight loss goals.
This guide will tell you a little more about what to expect from a smoothie that’s designed to help you lose weight. We’ll explain how to choose the right one, what to look out for, and how to incorporate smoothies into your weight loss meal plan.
How can a meal replacement smoothie help me?
Quite simply, smoothies can help you get to where you want to be. It’s why so many mums love them! Here are some goals you might achieve by adding healthy smoothies to your diet:
- Get extra nutrients – with lots of essential nutrients in your smoothies, you’ll improve your diet without having to obsess over ingredients
- Lose or maintain your weight – with set calorie amounts and fibre to help you feel full for longer, smoothies are great for managing your weight
- Get more stuff done – blending up a smoothie takes just a minute, and they’re great if you need to multitask
- Boost milk supply – some smoothies include ingredients that are known to help breastfeeding mums make more milk
- Improve bowel health – get regular with good, healthy fibres
How to fit healthy smoothies into a balanced diet
The great thing about smoothies is they’re flexible. You might replace one meal a day (like breakfast), add an extra one if you’re busy, or skip them for a few days if you’ve got other plans.
Because they’re designed as a meal replacement, they’re calorie-controlled, low carb, high protein, high fibre, and contain healthy fats. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can eat naughty food for your other meals! Ideally, you’d use smoothies alongside a program like our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.
What to look for in a healthy smoothie
First of all, make sure it’s passed international food standards. That way, you can trust that what you’re drinking is safe. But there are some other things to keep an eye out for, especially when comparing labels between different brands:
- Vitamins and minerals – for meal replacement, you need more than just protein
- Low GI – when foods release glucose slowly, you keep your blood sugars stable and maintain energy levels for longer
- Real ingredients – it’s just as important to choose smoothies with quality, whole-food ingredients, as it is with any other healthy meals
- Breastfeeding friendly* – look for smoothies with artificial nasties, and the added bonus of milk-supply boosting ingredients like fenugreek
- Pregnancy friendly – if you’re expecting, our pregnancy smoothies can help you get the extra proteins, calories, and nutrients you need
* Talk to your doctor if in doubt or if your baby has food sensitivities
Smoothies go hand in hand with your weight loss goals
If you want to find smoothie mixes designed to support you on your journey as a healthy mummy, take a look at our weight loss smoothies – we’ve got over 25 products to choose from and 11 delicious flavours.
Plus, you can easily combine your smoothies with help from the biggest mums-only weight loss plan in the world. Grab your favourite smoothie flavour and join us for the next round of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!