We love this healthy eating vegetarian spinach and ricotta lasagne recipe that you can even serve to the whole family – even the meat lovers will like it!
This spinach and ricotta lasagne recipe is direct from The Healthy Mummy app – and you can get access here
If you can, try to find wholemeal lasagne sheets – and ensure they are the pre-cooked variety in order to save time at the put together stage.
Older kids will love helping out with this healthy spinach ricotta lasagne recipe, and the finished product reheats well the next day
Serve this spinach and ricotta lasagne with a crisp salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber for a satisfying family meal. So enjoy our ricotta and spinach lasagne recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil + olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 200g pre-cooked lasagne sheets (try to find wholemeal if you can)
- 200g fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 250g low fat ricotta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 200C and spray an oven proof dish with olive oil.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over med/high heat and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, stock, basil, salt and pepper and increase the heat until boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the bottom of your dish.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets, then ¼ of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over half of the spinach leaves and then add half of the ricotta.
- Add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spoon over another ¼ of the tomato sauce, and then spread the rest of the spinach and ricotta evenly on top.
- Add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spoon the third ¼ of tomato sauce on top, followed by another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Top the lasagne with the final layer of tomato sauce, and then the Parmesan.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for a further 10 minutes until the top is golden. Another Delicious Ricotta recipe!
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 350.
Get this spinach and ricotta lasagne recipe and over 6,000 just like it on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.
Mums share their amazing Healthy Mummy transformations!
Cicily Goodwin- 35Kgs Lost
Mum of two Cicily started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20kgs by using The Healthy Mummy Smoothies twice a day and making the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals. She lost another 35kgs over the next year.
Cicily says “I started the year at 110kgs and got to 75kg!! The lifetime goal I’ve dreamed of my whole life! “
Cicily admits that her when she started her journey it was all about weight loss but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – 41.7Kgs Lost
Zoe shares, “July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kgs gone and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do it. I never thought I would enjoy it. But Healthy Mummy has made it easy and fun!
I have found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise is what’s worked for me!”
Melissa Timmer – 37kgs Lost
The Healthy Mummy which has helped her take back control and within 18 months, she had lost a whopping 37 kg and has been maintaining her weight for three years.
Even though Melissa’s weight fluctuates up and down a little she says “I couldn’t care less because this journey is about being happy and if you feel happy in your skin, no matter how much you weigh or what size you are, that’s all that matters. “We are all different and beautiful so don’t be stuck on what scales say all the time.”
Tarryn Eames – 30Kg Lost
- From 97KGS to 67KGS
- From a size 18/20 to a size 10/12
- From lethargic to energetic
- From miserable to genuinely happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I never aimed to gain anything. However, all I’ve gained means more to me than the kilos that are now gone and the cms that have disappeared too. Somewhere along the way, I gained the energy to be able to play with my children and the confidence needed to do that in a public setting.
I gained many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained strength both physically and mentally. I gained self-love. I gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly I gained happiness.”