Brianna Smith admits, “I’ve been overweight most of my adult life.”
However, the mum-of-four from Victoria says after the birth of her youngest child she wanted to make a change and turned to The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
How this mum lost 14kg and dropped 4 dress sizes
When it comes to dieting before The Healthy Mummy, Brianna says, “I’ve lost weight before and put it back on.
“After the birth of my second son though I ballooned and made the excuse to eat bad food because I was breastfeeding. I was wearing a size 16 pants and 18 top.
“I was doing remote learning for my kinder students and making videos for them. When I saw myself on videos and saw how big I had actually gotten, it broke and disgusted me so that’s when I told myself I had to take my health and weight loss seriously!”
In just 13 months, Brianna says she’s sleeping better and feeling happier and has more energy.
“I see my body changing, my boobs shrinking, my face slimming, my clothes fitting better. I’m feeling happier and fitter, I am feeling stronger and more confident. I’m also feeling a lot sexier,” she says.
“I started 13 months ago, I started really slow. Focusing on water intake and eating smaller portions. Over the year I slowly increased what I was doing, started to track my calories on the app, meal prep snacks and dinners.
“I still meal prep all my snacks, I meal prep most of my meals and cook some meals for my family now too. My family love the peanut bubble crunch and the choc chip banana muffins!”
What a typical day looks like for Brianna
Snack: pretzels and an apple
“I love the Mexican casserole, curry noodles, tofu satay bowl, pumpkin Dahl and the spinach and ricotta pesto rolls.”
Workouts: Tabata total body blast, Tabata upper body burner, anything from the belly and booty busting plan and dance strong sexy back.
Brianna’s 3 tips for success
- Any progress is good progress no matter how small – take the small wins
- Take photos!! Scales don’t always tell the truth
- You don’t have to complicate things. Pick a few favourite recipes and work outs and repeat them
Join Brianna on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily?
That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
What do you get? You get access to:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.