At Christmas time it’s even more helpful as you can whip up a quick meal or snack for friends and family in next to no time.
Today we have pulled together three of our favourite Thermomix recipes from our fabulous Healthy Mummy Thermo eBook.
You can buy the book here or why not suggest it as a Christmas gift for yourself?
3 Of Our Favourite Thermomix Recipes:
1. Asparagus Dip & Pita
When friends drop in, serve up this healthy dip with some pita bread for a quick snack.
- 25g Parmesan
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 2 medium wholemeal pita breads
- Place Parmesan in Thermomix and process for 10 seconds at speed 9. Remove and set aside.
- Place asparagus and garlic in Varoma. Add 500ml water to Thermomix bowl and steam for 10-12 minutes on Varoma temperature until asparagus is tender. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Pour the water out of the Thermomix bowl.
- Place asparagus and garlic in Thermomix bowl with the Parmesan, olive oil and cottage cheese. Blend for 10 seconds on speed 7, then scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat until smooth.
- Divide dip into 4 portions and seal in airtight containers. Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Serve each portion of dip with half a wholemeal pita bread, cut into wedges.
Recipe serves 4 at 157 calories per serve.
2. Healthy Apple Pie
For a stress-free and healthy dessert you can’t go past the popular apple pie.
- 300g almonds
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm pie dish.
- To make the crust, place almonds in the Thermomix bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9. Remove and set aside – there’s no need to clean the bowl.
- Place coconut oil and honey in the bowl and whip for 2 minutes on speed 4.
- Return almond meal to the bowl and add egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Press mixture into the prepared pie dish, pushing it up the sides evenly. Bake for 10 minutes until golden, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, place all filling ingredients, except the shredded coconut, in the Thermomix bowl and cook for 10 minutes at 80°C on reverse speed soft. Check that apples are cooked through, then cook for another 5 minutes at 80°C on reverse speed soft to reduce the sauce.
- Spoon apple filling into the pie crust and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve warm with a dollop of natural yoghurt.
Recipe serves 6 at 405 calories per serve.
3. Guilt-Free Chocolates
Wrap these in cellophane and tie with a ribbon for a simple yet delicious homemade gift – or just keep them stored in the fridge for when you need a chocolate hit.
- 60g raw cashews
- 60g raw macadamias
- 30g cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place nuts in the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down the sides and repeat until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down the sides and repeat, then mix again for 15 seconds on speed 3. Scrape down sides.
- Spoon mixture into 16 silicone moulds.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours until firm. 5. Remove chocolates from moulds and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Chill the coconut cream in the fridge and use only the solid part from the top of the tin. Save the liquid underneath for another recipe or use in a Healthy Mummy Smoothie.
- Silicone ice trays are perfect for these. Look for ones in fun shapes, like hearts or dinosaurs, to win over the kids.
Recipe serves 16 at 140 calories each.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.