This incredible mum has lost 20kg and now she has MORE energy than she ever has before.
Louise Basdekis decided she was going to make herself a priority and focus on her health, that’s when she signed up to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Here’s how she did it…
Louise has lost 20kg and no longer feels sluggish or bloated
The 36-year-old from Melbourne, who is mum to two boys, says she was so puffed and out of breath after running around after her kids.
“I couldn’t keep up with them nor did I have the energy to. I was miserable and I would eat my emotions,” she says.
“I have lost 20kg so far with the help of The Healthy Mummy and I would love to lose a further 10-15kg. I started my journey in June of 2020.”
Amazingly, Louise has gone from a size 18-20 to a size 14.
“I have so much more energy I actually wake up in the morning and feel like I can take on anything,” she says.
“Physically, I feel more energetic and healthy not sluggish or bloated like I used to. I’m also mentally well and feel more focused and can concentrate more.”
Louise reveals she suffered with postnatal depression with her first child and turned to food for comfort.
“I barely ever exercised. Now I use The Healthy Mummy Premium Smoothies everyday,” she says.
“They are my absolute saviour each morning because I’m always on the go. I work four days a week so life gets super busy.
“They keep me full and they’re absolutely hands down the most delicious healthy smoothies I’ve ever tried. My favourite at the moment is the banana sundae!
A typical day for Louise:
- Healthy Mummy Premium Smoothie with almond milk for breakfast and a coffee.
- Morning snack is either some fruit or a Healthy Mummy Snack Bar.
- Lunch would be a wrap or salad I mix it up with different recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app.
- I drink 2-3 litres of water a day.
- Afternoon snack is generally a Healthy Mummy snack. My favourites are the Banana Oat Muffins or Bliss Balls and can’t go past the Super Food Rocky Road!
- I always prep my dinners for the week on a Sunday, so our family favourites are the Mexican Lasagne or the One Pot Spaghetti Bolognese. We also love the Rice Paper Rolls or Pizza using the 2 ingredient pizza dough.
- I love the dance cardio exercises or HIIT with Wendy.
Louise’s 3 tips for success
- Always remember your why. Why you started your journey and wanted to make a change.
- Drink lots of water
- Start with small changes
“My advice would be to not focus on the number on your scales. The amount of times I would get disheartened when the scales didn’t move yet my clothes felt more loose and I just felt better. I would only weigh in once a week or even once a fortnight.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
- Get DAILY support from tens of thousands of mums on the Challenge with you