Baked pear custard tart
Make this delicious healthier version of an indulgent dessert. This Baked pear custard tart can be made as a special treat that the family will love.
It’s the most perfect slice of heaven to have with a cup of tea that doesn’t eat into your daily calories! We pride ourselves on giving you a healthier alternative for anything you can think of.
Here at The Healthy Mummy we know how important it is for our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes to be quick and easy, and most importantly, delicious.
This super simple custard recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and uses just a handful of ingredients you’ve probably already got in the pantry!
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- cooking oil spray
- 4 free-range eggs 200 grams
- 300 mls thickened reduced fat cream
- 3 tbsp honey 60 mls
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp plain wholemeal flour 30 grams
- 2 pears 200 grams
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 0.5 grams
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Lightly grease a pie dish with cooking oil spray.
- Place eggs, honey, cream and vanilla in a bowl and beat well.
- Whisk through sifted flour, then pour 2/3 of this mix into the prepared pie dish and bake for 5 to 7 minutes to set the custard.
- Cut pears into slices while baking first custard cream layer.
- Remove pie dish from the oven and scatter pear slices over the custard.
- Pour the remaining custard cream over the pears and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until custard has set.
- Serve warm. Divide into 6 pieces, 1 piece is 1 serve.
- 261 calories per serve.
- Slice your pear as thin as possible.
- You can add any extra fruit or change the fruit for this recipe – like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries.
- Use an electric mixer or beater to make it extra fluffy
Watch how to make it here
There are over 4,500 family friendly recipes to choose from when customising your meal plan with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge including tasty simple snacks just like this one.
Join thousands of other busy mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get exclusive access to customisable meal plans and shopping lists, making healthy eating even easier.