Mum loses over 20kg in just FIVE months! You have to see these inspirational pics!
Tasha Robson has lost 20.2kg loss, going down from 86.4kg to 66.2kg, and has gone from a size 16 to a size 8! And she’s done all this in just FIVE months!
This amazing Queensland-based mum-of-three says she hit her goal weight of 68.5kg on 8th March and she’s noticed some huge changes in her body and her mindset. She’s managed to achieve all this by drinking The Healthy Mummy smoothies!
Here’s how she did it….
How this mum lost over 20kg in just FIVE months!
36-year-old Tasha says she began her journey after noticing her fingers were unable to fit around her wrist like they used to.
“I decided to start looking after myself. I’m not as tired, have a lot more energy,” she says.
“I’m not as short tempered with my own children, I’m encouraging my children to be more active as I WANT to go for walks and spend time being active not sitting down on the couch all day eating unnecessary snacks.
“I’m choosing to eat healthier and now can tell if I need to have water as I get a headache if I haven’t had enough.”
What’s more, this single mum says she feels much happier in herself.
“I now have been able to accept that being a single mother who has her children most the time doesn’t mean I don’t deserve my me time, which is my walks alone,” she says.
“I enjoy being active and listening to my music at full blast. I enjoy pushing myself to walk faster, do more squats, to try new workout routines.
“I’m a lot happier within my own mind and body and if I find I’m stressed I decide to go for a walk or do a workout to burn the stress out and reflect on the issues rather than eat my feelings.”
And best of all, Tasha says she fits in her clothes so much better now.
“I’ve been able to fit clothing properly without handing to worry that some part of my body isn’t going to work with the clothing item. When before I hated getting new pants as I knew they wouldn’t fit somewhere properly,” she says.
What Tasha eats on a typical day
Breakfast currently is a banana and honey cinnamon and vanilla porridge.
Lunch is either leftover dinners (bacon stir fry, sausage casserole, fried rice, butter chicken), cheese, tomato and crackers, platter meals – fruit (grapes rockmelon banana apple) light cheese chicken roll rice crackers, any leftover salad (mushroom capsicum, carrot, cucumber), sandwiches, salad and chicken/ham wraps.
Dinner is an English muffin bacon egg and cheese burgers, meatballs and spaghetti, pizza using wraps or English muffins with ham, cheese and any veggies available, ham and salad, chicken tender wraps and salad, fried rice.
“I try to have a Healthy Mummy smoothie for breakfast everyday and then if I couldn’t be bothered actually eating or cooking I had one for lunch or dinner as well at least once a week. I found it helped with my bloating a lot better,” she says.
Tasha’s top tips for losing weight
1. Walk around your house every hour for at least 1000 steps try for 1500/2000 a hour if you have nothing to do for that hour. Take your children outside run around the yard with them. Every step counts.
2. Buy snacks in bulk and separate into individual containers for your snacks. I found I was more tempted to eat more if I ate from the container. Separate your fruit into containers/pre cut up your veggie snacks into containers to help yourself to if your hungry during the day this wk I have containers of capsicum and carrot to snack on.
3. Try to get out of the house. Take the kids for a walk around the block, make the block bigger every time. Walk to the park.
“It’s ok to slip sometimes. You’re going to have bad days, you’re going to have good days. Focus on the day and get back up and try again tomorrow,” she adds.
“Don’t stress yourself out over a bad day. It’s ok to have rest days and put yourself first. Your health matters just as much as everyone else’s.”
Join us on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.