Frozen Vanilla Berry Tart – The Perfect Summer Dessert
There is nothing better than a no-guilt dessert, and this frozen vanilla berry tart from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is just that! It’s a healthy, no-bake dessert that is absolutely perfect for serving in summer. With a delicious crumb of almond meal, coconut oil and coconut sugar and filled with creamy yoghurt and fresh berries, this simple yet show-stopping dessert is the ultimate sweet treat on a hot day.
This decadent dessert may taste like a naughty indulgence, but it’s anything but! Using low-fat Greek yoghurt, and rice malt syrup and honey for sweetness, the filling contains no added sugar and is just 238 calories per serve!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has heaps of amazing dessert recipes like this one so you never feel deprived on your weight loss journey.
|Prep Time||10 m + set time 1 hour|
- 2 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp pistachios chopped
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut oil and coconut sugar mix until well to form a wet crumb and press into a shallow tart dish. Place in the freezer to firm.
- Make raspberry sauce by heating a small saucepan over medium- high heat. Add frozen raspberries, lemon juice, honey and water. Stir frequently until raspberries break down and sauce starts to form, this should only take 3-5 minutes, allow to slightly cool then pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Make the tart filling by combining yogurt, vanilla and rice malt syrup in a large bowl.
- Remove the tart shell from the freezer, fill with yogurt mix and top with fresh raspberries, blueberries and pistachios. Return to the freezer for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove tart from the freezer 15-30 minutes before slicing and serving with a drizzle of raspberry sauce. This recipe makes 10 serves.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
238 calories per serve