The next round of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge starts August 29th 2022 and to give you the best chance of success, there will be a Detox week prior starting on August 22nd!
Detox or Cleanse WEEK on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge means it’s time to detox and cleanse in preparation for our new 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Starting the Challenge on the best foot means you’re more likely to have great results, be motivated and set AND reach your goals.
Scroll down to find out WHERE to find your Spring Detox Plan plus Examples of some of the amazing recipes from previous plans!
With 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, this is not like your typical, cutting-out, lemon water ONLY detox.
You will feel satisfied, light yet full, BLOAT FREE and you’ll no doubt even notice improvements in your sleep. Overall the 7 Day Cleanse on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed to just make you feel GOOD! Just in time for the next Challenge round.
How you can healthily cleanse in 7 days
Here is an example of what a day on the 7 Day Cleanse looks like:
Breakfast: Super Blueberry Bowl
- 1/4 cup untoasted muesli
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup tsp
- Place all ingredients, excluding the muesli and a few of the blueberries, in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Place blueberry mix in a bowl and top with muesli and reserved blueberries to serve.
Snack: Hummus & veggie sticks
- 1/2 cup Lebanese cucumber
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 sumac
- Slice cucumber and capsicum into batons.
- Place hummus into a dish and top with olive oil and sumac.
- Serve hummus with veggie sticks.
Lunch: Turkey and Salad Lunch Wrap
- 25 gram brie cheese
- 1 wholemeal mountain bread wrap
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 slices lean smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 tomato sliced
- 1/2 medium carrot grated
- Slice brie and arrange over wrap with turkey slices.
- Top with Tomato slices, baby spinach and grated carrot.
- Wrap as per packet directions and serve.
Snack: Oat and cacao cookies
- 2 small banans, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the banana, oats and cacao nibs. Mix well.
- Add the coconut oil and baking soda and combine well to form a cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 even portions and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared tray, leaving space between each to allow for spreading.
- Press down on each ball gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minuted or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray before serving.
- One cookie is one serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Dinner: Spiced Chickpea Nourish Bowl
Chickpeas, sweet potato, kale and broccoli are nature’s powerhouse foods and boost the nutrient value in any meal. Add in the spices and tahini, maple sauce and you have a meal you and your family will love!
Evening snack: Yoghurt, cacao nibs and berry
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- Defrost berries if frozen and combine with yoghurt and cacao nibs for a tasty snack.
Or Dessert: Strawberry Kiwi Sorbet
Ingredients – serves 3
- 2 punnets strawberries sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in a shallow bowl or container, cover and freeze for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour blend again until smooth and then return to the freezer.
- Just before serving, blend mixture again.
- Divide between 3 bowls to serve. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Where to find the SPRING DETOX Plan in the Healthy Mummy App
Please note, you will only be able to see the Detox Gap Week in your App on Wednesday 17th Aug, and the Budget Challenge will appear on Wednesday 24th August.
1. Go to the Home Screen in the Healthy Mummy App and click on Food in the middle at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on the current month underneath the Challenge Theme.
3. Select 7 Day Spring Clean Detox, which is underneath Septembers Budget challenge.
4. Once you have clicked on Spring Detox it will take you to the Meal Plan commencing Monday 22nd August.
Mums on the 7 Day Cleanse
Teegan Jones says, “I get so excited for the detox week. I love eating beautiful bright tasty food. I also made a matcha iced tea to go with capsicum, broccoli , two perfectly boiled eggs and a homemade sweet potato pesto dip…yum!”
Lauren Kolstad says, “#7daycleanse ready! Weighed in 97.1kg, pics taken, food sorted for a busy morning of school drop off and swimming lessons. Dressed and ready for the day.”
Michelle Anderson says, “Did you know you can mix and match your cleanse meals from past cleanses?
“Today my breakfast is from the 28 Day Challenge 7 Day Cleanse!! Just go in to your MEAL PLAN, you’ll see the weeks to chose from, click “change” and you’ll see all our past challenges! My first ever cleanse and I’m determined to smash it!! So far I have had lemon water, breakfast- yoghurt and muesli and 1L of water! Let’s do this ladies!”
We can’t wait to share their detox results with you next week!
So, to get your DETOX ON join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge NOW … or repeat these meals for the next couple of days…. just in time for the next 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!
Take part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!
This Challenge is also loaded with tips on how to beat the winter food cravings and stay motivated and inspired. With over 4,500 recipes and 500 exercise videos all in our handy app.