Spiced chickpea nourish bowl
Need something warm and filling for dinner tonight? Looking for a meat free meal option? Try this delicious Spiced Chickpea Nourish Bowl from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie McKay shared this fabulous picture of her meal on the Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Facebook page. Cassie says, ‘OMG….this is SO good! This chickpea recipe is going STRAIGHT to favourites.’
If you love budget friendly chickpeas, the recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge will suit you perfectly. Think Baked Chickpea Patties, Moroccan Chickpea Stew, or a Pumpkin and Chickpea Burger.
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cubed
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups kale leaves shredded
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice onion into wedges and combine with the sweet potato and spread over the prepared tray. Lightly spray with cooking oil spray and roast for 15- 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender crisp. Add the kale leaves to the broccoli in the final few minutes of steaming, until it’s tender.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the chickpeas, cumin, chilli powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and turmeric. Toss well to combine and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden and combined well with the seasonings.
- Combine the tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice to form a sauce. Whisk until well combined, adding a little hot water if required to reach a thin consistency.
- When ready to serve, place sweet potato, onion, broccoli, kale leaves and spiced chickpeas in their own section of a serving bowl.
- Drizzle over tahini maple sauce to serve.
410 calories per serve
If you love the sound of this recipe, be sure to check out our low calorie and crunchy roasted chickpea bites.
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.