Free Butt and Thigh Hiit workout and perfect snack to make with the kids
Planning your day when you can’t get out and about can be challenging. Taking care of ourselves by eating the right food and getting the right exercise can be the key anchors for organising the day, as well as making sure we have a positive mindset.
So here’s your plan for today! A great snack you can make that will keep you going for next week, a fantastic HIIT workout for your Butt and Thighs, and an activity for the kids that YOU are going to LOVE!
RECIPE OF THE DAY
Easy Zucchini Muffins
If you haven’t already made these, today is the day! These savoury muffins make the perfect snack and are really easy to make. They are super popular with mums as they freeze well, and kids love them too. Why not get them involved in making them today and double the quantity so you have another batch for the freezer. Just 155 cals per muffin!
WORK OUT THE DAY
Butt and Thigh HIIT work out
This is a great example of some of the workouts available on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. This one is a HIIT Workout focussing on the butt and thighs. The exercises go for 30 seconds with a 10 second break over 18 exercises.
HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training is a form of cardio performed at high intensity for a short duration, with an equally spaced resting phase. Fat burning HIIT workouts are a great way to burn a maximum amount of fat in a short period of time.
ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Get the kids to clean up their room!
This is a great indoor activity for kids that’s totally practical and makes us mums REALLY HAPPY! If your school-aged kids are bored and need to take a break from watching Youtube videos or homeschooling, then get them to take a break and clean out their room! Note: this task will need to be incentivised but it’ll be worth it as it’s a Win-Win activity for everyone! The kids get to rediscover toys and books they had forgotten they had and mums get the satisfaction of knowing their kid’s rooms are not only organised but also clean!
This process doesn’t need to take a long time, only around 30 minutes. So get them started with the right tools and then leave them to it, as this can be a cathartic activity and you don’t need to supervise …… just get them started!
1) Have everything ready
– Dirty clothes basket
– Rubbish bag and
– Recycle/donate clothing and toy box/bag
2) Start with putting all the dirty clothes into the basket (yes from under the bed/in the shoe cupboard)
3) Refold or hang any clean clothes and put them away
4) Put all the rubbish in the bin bag and all crockery/glasses/etc straight into the kitchen
5) If the bed isn’t made – make it neatly (that way you can make sure there’s nothing hiding in the sheets)
6) Sort books and games into three piles, keep, donate, throw away.
7) Put the books and games they want to keep back where they live
During this time, the kids may take a while to look at their old things and maybe start to play with them. Have them decide what games, toys and books they would like to give to a younger sibling or donate, keep or throw away.
Some children will remember something that they loved they might bring it back into their daily lives again, just like a new toy! Once they are done, these big kids can run the vacuum over their clutter-free floor and the job is done!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has everything you need to stay fit and healthy! Join today!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!