Looking for a healthy Christmas tree recipe? We have one for you here!
We absolutely LOVE this from one of our community mums Samantha Roberts
“My Daughters end of year class Christmas party is today, and we were asked to bring a plate…
So I decided to make a healthy Christmas Tree!
It took around half an hour, and about 100 toothpicks haha
The base of the “tree” is made from a pineapple and two pears.
Christmas tree recipe : INSTRUCTIONS
What you will need –
- 1 x pineapple
- 1 – 2 x pears
- Fruit of your choice – I used mandarines, grapes, blueberries, Raspberries, watermelon, Strawberries, kiwi fruit.
Christmas tree recipe: Method
- Slice top and bottom off the pineapple then cut a thin slice from the top.
- Press a star-shaped cookie cutter into the centre of the thin slice then set star aside.
- Slice a little off the sides of the pineapple at an angle to create a cone shape.
- Push the bamboo skewer through the centre, then skewer the pear on top, leaving the top of the skewer uncovered (you’ll skewer the star on top at the end.)
- Place pineapple onto a serving tray then insert toothpicks around pineapple and pear at a slight angle, breaking a little off if necessary, then add fruit.
I found it easier to place most of the bigger fruit first then fill in with the smaller fruit like grapes.
Add the pineapple star to the top of the skewer then serve.
For more recipe ideas – check out our FREE recipe section HERE
Join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!