Mum of three children under six years of age and a full-time Police officer shares how she lost 30 kilos on The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“I set myself a weight loss goal of 30 kilos by my 36th bday (14 months) but I broke that down to 10 kilo lots as it was much easier to think of smaller goals than the massive target ahead.”
Busy mum and full-time Police officer shares how she lost 30 kilos
Mum of three, Shivaugn Barclay, 36, has lost 30 kilos and a total of 100+cm in 18 months on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Shivaugn shares, “I have 6-year-old twins and a 2-year-old. I’m a full-time police officer and with hubby in the job also, that much shift work means there’s a lot of high 5’s as we pass each other in the night.
“I’ve battled weight issues since I was in high school really. I’ve yo-yo dieted with everything you can imagine, from Weight Watchers to Optifast, Slim fast and every fasting/detox you can imagine. I crash dieted right before my wedding and as much as I’m thrilled with how I looked I knew I wasn’t healthy and it wasn’t going to stay off.
“I managed to lose most of my baby weight after the twins were born but couldn’t keep it up and continued on my up and down battle until I had my 3rd baby.
“Struggling with fertility issues and being pumped full of hormones and fertility drugs meant my weight started on the increase again. With a high-risk pregnancy meaning absolutely no exercise until 32 weeks, I sat and I ate, and I ate and ate and when I had my baby (5 weeks early) I weighed a whopping 105 kilos.”
Shivaugn’s journey with Healthy Mummy
“I really loved the versatility of the Healthy Mummy Vanilla Smoothie and the Banana boost’ was my favourite. I did however really start to miss ‘real food’ so I went back to meals.
“I signed up on a 30-day trial and absolutely loved everything about the app. How convenient to have everything in the one spot.
“I loved changing up the meal plan to suit my family, there were so many snack recipes, which was a weakness of mine before, and I was able to meal prep and be much more organised for the week ahead.
“There are also so many different exercise videos I can follow from my lounge room and keep track of my day to day.
“I joined the parkrun and started running with a local running group. I went from struggling to run 100 – 200 metres and I’ve now run 3 x half marathons.
“I set myself a weight loss goal of 30 kilos by my 36th bday (14 months) but I broke that down to 10 kilos lots as it was much easier to think of smaller goals than the massive target ahead. I then signed up to a 12-month membership and continue using the app and recipes daily.”
- Start slowly, don’t get overwhelmed with everything all at once.
- Set realistic goals, and don’t be hard on yourself if you slip up a bit.
- No matter how many times you fall off the wagon it’s about all the times you get back up.
- Reward yourself for your hard work, but not with crappy food, you’ll feel worse afterward.
- Don’t turn a cheat day into a cheat week, have your cheat meal but then reset and get back to it straight away.
- Drink lots of water.
- Find yourself a buddy, keep each other on track and don’t enable each other.
Shivaugn adds, “Thank you so much for all of the Healthy Mummy support, it’s truly been the one thing that has helped me. Real food, good food, great portion sizes and the easy to follow 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.”
Join Shivaugn on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge NOW!
We’ve proudly helped millions of mums transform their health.
Mums just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mums only 5 star rated app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 200,000 other mums
CLICK HERE to find out more today.