Choc mint ice cream sandwiches
Don’t these look AMAZING? A big thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sending us the recipe for these Choc Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches. Pop these healthy treats on your to-do list!
Cassie says ‘these make the perfect post dinner treat or dessert to kick those sugar cravings!’
You’ll need a silicone mini muffin tray for these, so that you can easily pop them out of the mould when you’re ready to dig in.
Love frozen treats? You’ll love some of the snack recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think Frozen Yoghurt Raspberry & Chocolate Bites, Frozen Cheesecake Bites, and Cherry Popsicles.
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked in 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats toasted in a dry pan first
- 3 tbsp cacao or cocoa
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essence
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup optional
- 100 grams dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Cover the cashews in 3/4 cup of boiling water for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Soak the dates in 50ml boiling water for 10 minutes, covered with foil.
- Place peppermint essence, maple syrup and cashews (including water) in food processor.
- Blitz on high for 1 minute until a smooth paste forms, then pour mix into a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Place dates including water into food processor and blitz on high until paste forms. Add oats, cacao and coconut oil and blitz on medium speed for 20 seconds until combined.
- Firmly press down 1-2 tsp of mix in the base of 10 silicone cups. Pop each base out and set aside to use later.
- Firmly press remaining oat mix into the 10 cups to create the base, and then spoon the cashew mix on top.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up, before placing the tops on. Slightly press down on each top to flatten to fit nicely on top of the cashew centre.
- Once top layer is placed on top, return to the freezer for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Remove from moulds and store in freezer. Allow to stand to soften for 5-10 min before consuming.
133 calories each
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.