Easy Mango and Passionfruit Christmas Trifle
A healthy Christmas trifle? Yes, such a thing does exist! This festive favourite is usually packed with lashings of cream and custard (not to mention the sponge cake and brandy) and can clock in at over 400 calories per serve.
Our Easy Mango and Passionfruit Trifle bucks the trend and at just 275 calories per serve, can be enjoyed as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This Easy Mango and Passionfruit Trifle uses natural Greek yoghurt, homemade pancakes and plenty of fresh, seasonal fruit for a fresh take on this classic.
The recipe for this Easy Mango and Passionfruit Trifle is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. For plenty more healthy sweet treats, make sure you sign up for our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Make the trifle making process easy with a bit of pre-prep. You can make the pancakes a day or two in advance so that on the day of serving, you can assemble and go.
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup reduced fat milk or milk of choice
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Olive oil spray
- 3/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 2 cups reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 mangoes diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Combine flour, milk, egg, honey, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side for a minute or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 16 small pancakes about the size of the serving glasses you are going to use.
- Store cooled pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days until ready to assemble the trifle.
- Combine the yoghurt and passionfruit pulp.
- Place one pancake into the base of 8 individual serving glasses. Top with some passionfruit yoghurt and mango, a second pancake layer and remaining yoghurt and mango.
- Top each trifle with raspberries, almonds and coconut.
- Leave the trifles to rest for 30 minutes before serving. You can fully assemble, cover and place prepared trifles in the fridge up to 24 hours before serving.
Recipe makes 8 individual trifles with 275 calories per serve.
Want more Christmas recipes like this? Grab our Christmas & Entertaining Cookbook
To get more recipes for healthy Christmas canapes, snacks, meals and side dishes for the festive season, take a look at our Healthy Mummy Christmas and Entertaining eRecipe Book.
We’ve created more than 150 healthy and delicious recipes for you – get a free sample recipe pack here.