Secret Centre Chocolate Cookies
This delicious recipe is straight from The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Hidden chocolate inside a nutty cookie, what could be better?
This delicious Secret Centre Chocolate Cookies recipe is straight from The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Hidden chocolate inside a nutty cookie, what could be better? Use a dairy-free chocolate if you need this recipe to be vegan.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
- 4 tsp chia seeds (16 grams)
- 1 cup almond butter (200 grams)
- 1/2 cup Natvia (96 grams)
- 1 tsp baking powder (2.5 grams)
- 100 grams dark chocolate 70% cut into 16 small pieces
- Soak the chia seeds in 1⁄3 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine chia mix with almond butter, Natvia, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Beat well by hand or with an electric beater for 5 minutes until combined into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 even pieces and using a damp hand, shape each piece of dough around a small square of chocolate and place onto the prepared trays, leaving some space in between each cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. They should be soft in the centre. Cool on trays for 5 minutes before removing.
- One cookie is one serve. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
This recipe contains 132 calories per serve.
For more great recipes like this join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.