Ginger and lemon cheesecake for a healthy and delicious dessert
Here at The Healthy Mummy we love a make-ahead dessert. It means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family and friends.
This dessert tastes as good as it looks, but is made with healthier ingredients than traditional cheesecakes.
This delicious ginger and lemon cheesecake comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and we can’t get enough of it!
- 1 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup crystallised ginger finely chopped
- 1.3 cups almond meal
- Combine cottage cheese, yoghurt, lemon juice, zest and maple syrup and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir the finely chopped ginger into the almond meal.
- In each of the serving glasses, layer some of the almond meal mix followed by some of the cheesecake filling. Repeat layers in each glass until ingredients have been used up. Top with any remaining almond meal.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
320 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy recipes like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.