Gingerbread Pancakes with banana and maple syrup
This is a simple pancake recipe with a twist, using ginger and cinnamon to make them taste just like gingerbread.
Why not make a batch for a family breakfast, or you can keep leftover batter in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days to use again.
This pancake recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members have access to hundreds of recipes, including other sweet breakfast ideas from Passionfruit Chia Pudding to Vanilla and Cinnamon Waffles.
Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting areas such as budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of next month’s challenge HERE.
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 banana sliced
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and milk, then stir in half of the maple syrup and melted butter. Add the flour mixture and fold until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and pour a quarter cup of batter for each pancake into the pan.
- Cook on the first side until the batter is full of bubbles on the surface. Then flip and cook the other side. Continue cooking until all the batter has been cooked.
- Divide pancakes between four serving plates and serve drizzled with remaining maple syrup and slices of banana.
386 calories per serve
Want more recipes like this? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here. Join us and start your healthy lifestyle!