Gooey raspberry chia jam slice
If you haven’t yet tried your hand at making chia jam, now is the time! With raspberries in-season (and often on sale) you can prepare the simple jam to use in this recipe or to dollop on top of pancakes or a homemade scone.
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie. She says ‘This gooey raspberry chia jam slice tastes too good to be true! This slice is absolutely packed with natural antioxidants from the raspberries and cacao powder. This is a must try!’
You can also use frozen berries if you prefer, they’re often even more economical.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more raspberry-loving recipes such as Raspberry Ripple Chia Pudding, Raspberry Coconut Loaf, or Raspberry Muffins.
- 1 cup cashews or almonds
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan, simmer on low heat for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Set aside until cool.
- Soak nuts in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Place soaked nuts, including water, into food processor, add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on high until combined.
- Press mixture firmly down in base of a lined 20x30cm slice tray.
- Poor cooled raspberry chia jam over base.
- Place in freezer and allow to set for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour mixture on top of centre, place into refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Slice into 12 pieces with a hot knife.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
185 calories per slice
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.