A chocolate Bavarian that’s good for you?!
Fancy a healthy dessert recipe for your next BBQ or dinner party?
Why not try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Ashleigh’s Chocolate Bavarian? Packed with healthy ingredients, it looks fabulous and tastes incredible.
Ashleigh sent in her recipe saying that ‘Chocolate Bavarian is one of my absolute favourite treats.
Tonight I wanted to try making my own, and I’m so happy it was a success!’
We are happy too as it’s a fantastic recipe that can be enjoyed as a treat as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 80 g plain sweet biscuits
- 20 g cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 400 g can of coconut cream
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 g dark chocolate
- For the base, place biscuits, 2 tbsp cocoa, coconut and cashews in a food processor and blitz until they turn into crumbs.
- Add coconut oil and 3 tbsp of water, blitz until combined.
- Press down into a 19cm spring form cake tin.
- For the mousse filling, shake coconut cream and pour 2/3 of the can, remaining 3 tbsp of cocoa, chia seeds, rice malt syrup and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Beat (or whisk) well until small bubbles form. Pour into cake tin and place it in the freezer to set.
- For the cream and chocolate top: when mousse has frozen (after about an hour), pour the remaining coconut cream on top and return to the freezer.
- When the coconut cream has set, grate the chocolate over the cake. Return to the freezer. Take it out half an hour before you wish to serve it.
Serves 8. Calories per serve: 220.
If you would like more recipes for healthy treats and crowd-pleasing desserts, be sure to check out our Guilt Free Chocolate Treats and Baking Cookbook, available from our shop.