Healthy Chocolate Cream Egg
If you love the Cadbury Cream Egg but you don’t love the sickly sugar hangover that comes after eating them, then we have the perfect antidote!
This Healthy Chocolate Cream Egg recipe uses dark chocolate, apricot and yoghurt for an indulgent Easter treat that won’t ruin your weight loss goals.
- 20 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 1/2 apricot can use fresh or bottled in light syrup
- 50 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Melt chocolate on low heat using your preferred method.
- Pop the melted chocolate into a small patty case to make the chocolate cup. Tilt the case around so you get the chocolate to coat the bottom and sides. You may need to do this a few times as it cools so the chocolate stays up the sides and doesn’t run straight back to the bottom. If you want a thicker cup, you will need to add more chocolate however this will alter the total calories.
- Pop in fridge or freezer to set.
- While the chocolate is setting, mix your yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Once the chocolate is set and you have removed from fridge/freezer, slowly peel patty case away from chocolate. Be gentle but swift as the heat in your hands will melt the chocolate.
- Fill chocolate cup with yoghurt mix.
- Top with apricot half. Enjoy!
120 calories each