Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Mud Cake with Chocolate Ganache
A big thank you to Anne-Marie Booth for submitting her YUMMY Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Mud Cake With Chocolate Ganache recipe.
This super creative, healthy and delicious baking recipe can be enjoyed while following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 butternut pumpkin I had 750g once peeled and deseeded
- 125 g 70% chocolate
- ½ cup coconut oil olive oil also works
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups oats use gluten free oats if need be or oatmeal if you don't have a food processor
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Olive oil spray
- 125 g 70% chocolate
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cut pumpkin into 2.5cm cubes, place on baking tray and lightly spray with oil
- Roast in preheated oven for 45min to 1 hour (depending on size of pieces) until pumpkin is dark orange and can easily be mashed.
- Place pumpkin in a bowl and use stick mixer/food processor or simply mash to form a puree (should have 1.5 cups)
- Line cake tin and lightly grease with spray oil (use spring form tin if you have one)
- Place chocolate, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and oil in a saucepan on medium heat and stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and it is well mixed.
- Meanwhile place oats, cocoa, and baking powder in a food processor and blitz to a fine powder (use oatmeal and combine well in bowl If no processor).
- Once wet ingredients are mixed and chocolate is melted remove from heat and mix in pumpkin puree.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix into a cake batter
- Pour into prepared tin and level out.
- Bake for 25 mins T 180°C or until cake top bounces back when touched. Let cool for 10 mins before turning out on a wire rack.
- When cake is cooling, add chocolate and water to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until chocolate is melted and it thickens. Add Rice Malt
- Syrup and vanilla and combine well, mixture should resemble a ganache. Pour and spread on cooled cake.
- If you want it really dense then refrigerate cake. Serve with a scoop of Greek yoghurt (optional)
208 calories a serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.