Healthy Olive And Zucchini Loaf
Craving savoury foods? Well look no further than this delicious healthy olive and zucchini loaf, perfect for healthy pregnancy snacking!
Make this recipe and freeze in individual portions so you can grab a healthy snack throughout the day or add to your lunch box for work.
Following a healthy pregnancy eating plan is easy with tasty recipes like this.
Recipe thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist.
- spray oil for greasing
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups plain self raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk of choice
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pitted olives chopped
- 1 zucchini grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin with cooking oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and olive oil. Slowly mix egg and milk mixture into flour, continue to mix until well combined and smooth. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into the loaf tin and bake in pre-heated over for 50 – 60 minutes or until a skewer entered into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing. Suitable for freezing and a great lunchbox snack.
191 calories per serve.