15 minute mushroom omelette rolls
Here’s a fun breakfast recipe that uses a healthy homemade omelette in place of a wrap.
A big thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Sascha Farley who shared this great photo of her breakfast with the Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Group on Facebook.
Sascha says, “that moment when your husband walks in the door and says “Ohhhh yesssss are we having those egg wrap things again? AWESOME!” These are SO good!”
Packed with veggies, they’re a 15 minute wonder that will set you up for the whole day. Sascha added some ham to hers, as they’re totally customisable.
Sascha adds, “28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members will understand when I say there’s a handful of recipes alone that make having the app worth it and this is one of them.”
- 2 free-range eggs lightly whisked
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp kecap manis sweet soy sauce
- 1 slice bread of choice wholegrain or gluten-free
- 1 cup mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp black or white sesame seeds
- If preparing more than one serve, cook one omelette at a time.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the eggs and swirl to coat the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until just set. Slide the omelette onto a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Cut carrot into matchsticks.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan. Add the red onion and cook for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add the mushrooms and carrot and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the kecap manis and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Place the mushroom mixture on the prepared omelette and roll tightly to enclose filling.
- Toast the bread and serve with the omelette and lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle the omelette with spring onions and sesame seeds to serve.
335 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.