Pink Pancake pockets with hidden fruit and veg
Brighten up your morning! These fun pink pancakes are hiding a nutritional boost thanks to the mild-tasting beetroot in the batter.
We’re sure the kids (big and small) will love these colourful pancakes.
There’s also a hidden strawberry surprise in the centre to give yet another hit of goodness.
If you love pancakes for breakfast, the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you stacks of recipes.
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 beetroot slices tinned, drained
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup strawberries finely diced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- Place flours, baking powder, beetroot, egg, milk and honey in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium-high. Add a tablespoon full of batter into the hot pan, sprinkle a teaspoonful of diced strawberries onto batter, then drizzle a bit more batter over the top of berries to enclose them.
- When the batter looks dry and bubbles have formed on the surface, carefully flip over to cook the other side. Repeat with remaining batter and berries. You should be able to make approximately 9 pancakes.
- Divide the pancakes evenly between 3 plates and dollop with a tablespoon of yoghurt to serve.
332 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.