Rainbow quinoa salad with Thai satay dressing
This Thai inspired, veggie packed Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Thai Satay Dressing is perfect to make in bulk so you have leftovers for lunch for the week.
Lisa Porteous shared this fabulous photo of her salad on the Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Facebook group.
Lisa was amazed at just how much food there was in a single serve. When it’s packed with veggies like this, you can enjoy a decent size portion!
If you love satay, you’ll love the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today and access thousands of healthy recipes, including Satay Pizza, Satay Chicken Noodles and Peanut Butter Chicken Curry.
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts unsalted, chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce salt reduced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook rinsed quinoa as per packet directions. Allow to cool.
- Toss the cabbage, capsicum, onion, carrot, and coriander with the quinoa. Garnish with cashews.
- To make the dressing, whisk or shake together the peanut butter, honey, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil until mixture is smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner dressing, simply stir in a teaspoon or two of water.
- Drizzle the quinoa salad with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with lime wedges if desired.
375 calories per serve
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for over 4,500 DELICIOUS recipes!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.