Some nights you just crave something comforting like this healthy vegetarian chilli.
Grab a few key ingredients from the fridge and the pantry and you can have a healthy, family-friendly dinner sorted quick smart.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It is a perfect recipe to make a double batch and freeze for those busy nights when you just don’t have time to cook. Feel free to reduce or remove the chilli if cooking for children.
There are so many options for how to serve this chilli.
Here are some of our ideas:
- Wrap in lettuce or cabbage leaves as a ‘wrap’ with a sprinkling of cheese
- Serve with wholegrain penne
- Toast some strips of Mountain Bread to use as a healthy nachos-style chip
- Dollop with low fat sour cream or mashed avocado
- Serve on top of a jacket potato
- Pop it in a wholegrain wrap with some rocket lettuce
- Enjoy with some brown rice, quinoa or cous cous
- Serve in taco shells with lots of crisp salad
- Throw on some chopped spicy jalapenos for an extra adults-only kick
It’s essential to serve the chilli with some extra veggies or healthy carbs, as it is very low in calories and needs the extra nutrition to make it a substantial meal. Try a few different options and see which you like the best.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?