Slow Cooked Pork Ramen
This slow-cooked Pork Ramen Recipe is easy to prepare and it’s also easy to serve in ramen bowls!
Try making this as part of your meal prep days to have succulent pork on hand for the week ahead.
This delicious Pork Ramen Recipe comes straight from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members have access to thousands of recipes, from noodles to burgers and everything in between.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||240 minutes|
- 1000 grams boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 litres liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (2000 mls)
- 1 1 brown onion, halved (100 grams)
- 3 medium carrots (210 grams)
- 6 cloves garlic (18 grams)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (16 grams)
- 2 small red chilli (20 grams)
- 3 tsp mirin (15 mls)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced (60 mls)
- 3 free-range eggs, boiled & peeled (150 grams)
- 300 grams fat free ramen noodles
- 8 cups baby spinach (240 grams)
- 1 tbsp black or white sesame seeds (16 grams)
- 2 spring onion, sliced (30 grams)
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place the pork into a large heavy based casserole dish that has a lid.
- Add the salt, stock, onion, 1 whole carrot, ginger, chili, mirin and soy sauce. Bring it to the boil and then cover with lid and place into the oven for 4 hours. Ensure that you check the pork throughout the cooking time and add more water if it has less than half left.
- When the pork is nearing the end of cooking time, cook noodles as per packet instructions and divide between 6 bowls.
- Slice eggs in half and cut spare carrot into matchsticks.
- Divide spinach and carrot between bowls and add half of an egg to each.
- Add shredded pork and broth and top with sesame seeds and spring onion to garnish.
390 calories per serve.
Want more recipes like this Pork Ramen Recipe? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.