Slow Cooked Chicken Jalapeno Poppers with Avocado Dip
This tasty Slow Cooked Chicken recipe comes from The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
It’s ideal for meal prepping as you can make the chicken jalapeno mix ahead of time and just assemble the rest of the recipe when ready to serve. This makes for a perfect mid week dinner the whole family will love!
Store leftover chicken jalapeno mix in an airtight container for 3-4 days to enjoy for another meal. You can use a slow cooker or oven to prepare this recipe.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||70 minutes|
- 1 chicken breast fillets 300.0 grams
- cooking oil spray
- 2 1/2 Tbsp light cream cheese 50 grams
- 3 Tbsp jalapeno chillies, sliced 48.0 grams
- 1 Tsp garlic powder 1.0 grams
- 1 Tsp ground cumin 1.0 grams
- 8 mini tortilla wraps 192.0 grams
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated 60.0 grams
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander 10.0 grams
- 1/2 medium avocado mashed 60.0 grams
- 1/4 cup extra light sour cream 65.0 grams
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 40.0 mls
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Place in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and shred with two forks. Combine shredded chicken with the cream cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder and cumin.
- Place this mix in a baking dish and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray cooker with cooking oil spray. Place chicken, 1/2 cup of water, cream cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder and cumin to slow cooker dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When cooked, remove the chicken pieces and shred. Stir chicken back in with the other sauce ingredients.
- Preheat over griller and lane a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up, this will make them easier to work with. Sprinkle some cheese along the middle of each tortilla (divide the cheese evenly between all the tortillas).
- Top cheese with 2-3 tablespoons of chicken and jalapeno mix. Roll tortillas tightly into a log shape, and place on lined baking tray
- Place under the grill for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through, until tortillas are golden and cheese has melted.
- While chicken poppers are under the grill, combine coriander with avocado, sour cream and lime juice to make the dipping sauce.
- Serve 2 mini poppers per person with avocado cream for dipping.
331 cal per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
For great recipes like this one, join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Each month, you’ll receive 28 days of healthy, quick and easy-to-cook recipes that the whole family will love as well as daily mum-friendly exercises.
You can find out more about the Challenge HERE.