Try Nathalia’s 5 Favourite Squat Exercises!
We are so excited about our brand new fitness programs available in the Healthy Mummy App as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Along with the new Power Yoga and Dance Strong programs, we also are showcasing 28 Days Stronger with Nathalia Melo.
The 28 Days Stronger program features Nathalia in a series of strength training videos designed for mums to gain strength and cardio fitness. The new 28 Days Stronger program provides full length workouts for Beginners (20) and Advanced (20), along with a demonstration of the Fitness Test for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Nathalia Melo – 28 Day Stronger
Nathalia Melo is a super strong mum of 2 and is here to help guide you through our new 28 Day Stronger program. You will get 5 days of workouts followed by 2 rest days, the workouts are aimed at getting you STRONG and toned in 28 days.
Nathalia says, “As a mother of two and someone who is incredibly devoted to this lifestyle not only for our bodies, but also for our minds, I have made it my personal mission to empower and help women to live a fitter and healthier lifestyle in ALL stages of their life!”
All workouts will be 30 mins with a warm up and cool down included. There is minimal equipment required like hand weights and resistance bands, and its open for all fitness levels.
Nathalia knows only too well the benefits of squats!
Squats are a fantastic exercise for helping to build muscle and to get wonderful toned legs. The exercise also promotes body wide muscle building, working up your quads, hamstrings, calves, abdominal muscles, lower back and your butt too.
Nathalia will help you get maximum results by teaching proper technique to get the most out of simple exercises.
Watch Nathalia’s 5 Favourite Squat Exercises and follow the work out below!
TOP TIPS FOR ALL SQUATS!
- Engage your core
- Push through your heels
- THINK about pushing your knees out
- Slightly turning your feet out will activate your glutes more
- Keep your head in line with your back – don’t look at the floor!
- Reset your stance and your body if the movement doesn’t feel right, its all about proper technique!
How to do a PROPER squat
WORK OUT IDEAS
- Try 10 reps of each for 4 rounds
- 15 reps for 3 rounds
- 1 minute on each squat for a quick 5 minute workout!
FIVE SQUAT EXERCISES
- Air Squat – Push through your heels, sit back into the squat, breathe and engage your core! Squats are an amazingly effective full body movement that will help with toning and tightening your legs!
- Sumo Squat – Pointing your toes out helps activate your glues more AND works your inner thighs!!
- Goblet Squat – Elbows in and hold the weight (if you have one) against your chest, feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart!
- Side to Side Squat – Get low! These are brilliant for your outer thighs!
- Narrow Squat with Kick – Legs slightly closer together than shoulder width apart, squat down and kick! When you kick, engage you core that little bit more to support your body. A narrow stance will emphasize the effort in your quads and hamstrings!
GET MORE AMAZING WORKOUTS ON THE 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
If you are inspired to get moving with Nathalia and want to take charge of your own health and weight – then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY.
With more than 4,500 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!
For more information on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, click here.