There’s a reason pizza tops the list of Australia’s favourite takeaway meals, it’s delicious, filling and family-friendly. We’ve got three homemade pizzas with less than five ingredients that you’ll just love because they’re tasty and won’t cause a calorie blowout, and if you’re following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, then these are PERFECT!
At the Healthy Mummy we are all about balance and we don’t believe in restriction or that you should miss out on your favourite foods or meals with your family.
Finding healthier substitutes for meals you enjoy is one of the best ways to ensure long term, sustained weight loss. It’s one of the reasons why we include so many delicious pizza recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Nutritious And Delicious
These pizzas are the perfect way to enjoy what’s often considered an unhealthy meal. By making your own base and choosing your toppings wisely, you can create a pizza that’s both nutritious and delicious.
We love this 2 Ingredient Pizza Dough recipe which is quick and easy to make. It’s also much more nutritious than the majority of pre-made bases on the market.
Top with this Healthy Pasta Sauce which uses ripe tomatoes, garlic, onion and a touch of chilli, then add your toppings.
3 Favourite Homemade Pizzas With Less Than 5 Ingredients
1. Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 100g red ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (add just before serving)
Option – add some olives, or strips of grilled capsicum
Serves: 4. Calories per serve based on one pizza with healthy pasta sauce: 336
2. Ham, Pineapple and Mushroom
- ½ cup diced leg ham off the bone
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup low fat grated cheddar
Option – add chilli flakes for extra kick
Serves: 4. Calories per serve based on one pizza with healthy pasta sauce: 355
3. Chicken, Feta and Olive
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup crumbled low-fat feta
- ¼ cup chopped olives
Option – add some oregano or basil, and some minced garlic
Serves: 4. Calories per serve based on one pizza with tomato paste: 412
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.