Homemade Veggie Packed Sausage Rolls Recipe
With five vegetables carefully hidden in these homemade veggie-packed sausage rolls recipe plus the goodness of oats and kidney beans, you will know that you are giving your family a dose of healthy nutrition with this meal. Perfect as lunch or dinner, and even better cold in the lunchbox. This homemade sausage rolls recipe is thanks to our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Dominique Letoga.
- 1 brown onion peeled
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 small carrots peeled
- 1 celery stalk
- 400 gram tinned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tomato or 5 cherry tomatoes
- 3 stalks kale chopped
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Leave the pastry sheets on the bench to defrost.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Blend the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, kidney beans, oats, tomato and kale together into a food processor.
- Slice each pastry sheet into 6 equal rectangles so that you make 24 rolls in total.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture down the centre of each pastry rectangle.
- Fold the pastry into a roll and pinch the edges together with your fingertips.
- Place each sausage roll seam side down onto the lined baking tray.
- Place any leftover mixture in the freezer to use another day.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush each sausage roll with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store the cooled sausage rolls in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This homemade sausage rolls recipe has only 80 calories per roll.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge by clicking HERE.