Losing weight doesn’t mean you have to miss out on eating sweet treats. In fact, with The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge no food groups are off limits.
Here are 5 MUST TRY healthy treats you can enjoy, that won’t jeopardise your weight loss success.
So what are you waiting for? Check out the recipes below.
Mums from the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge community share their thoughts on some of their favorite healthy, guilt-free treats.
1. Chocolate Pretzel Bark
Cassandra McKay says “I threw this together in under 5 mins before school pick up. Rather than making stacks, I popped in into a tray to set. All I needed to do was roughly chop once it was set. So simple and so yummy!”. Get the free recipe.
2. Lemon and Coconut Muffins
Kerrie O’Brien says “Miss 9 and I are getting our baking done early today with some Lemon & Coconut Muffins from next week’s meal plan.
They were very easy to make and are actually egg free so handy if you have a child with an egg allergy.
I have just finished the dishes so I’m going to sit down with a cuppa and enjoy one now”.
Sign up to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for the recipe.
3. Mint-Choc Bubble Crunch
At only 102 calories per serve, you will love these choc-mint bubble crunch treats.
Angie Shannon says “Mint Choc Bubble Crunch recipe into two batches – so yummy!. One is a vanilla batch and the one with sprinkles is bubblegum.
I’ll be making more of this for my daughters birthday party this month”.
4. Peanut butter and vanilla cookies with Sneakylicious Smoothie
Kerrie says “PeanutButter & Vanilla Cookies made with Sneakylicious Smoothie are NEXT LEVEL DELICIOUS!
Miss 9 and I just made one of our fave Healthy Mummy cookie recipes, the Peanut Butter & Vanilla Cookies.
But this time we decided to ramp up the deliciousness factor and used the new Sneakylicious flavour smoothie instead of the usual Vanilla flavour.
It was a perfect match as the cookies taste even more amazing than usual and they are usually pretty amazing as it is!
They are really easy to make, they cook in 10 minutes and they keep fresh for 4-5 days daily in an airtight container (although I must admit we usually eat ours up before then !) .
A couple of tips I would give you to get these perfectly cooked is :
- When all the ingredients are mixed use your hands to combine the dough well this makes it stickier and stay combined better
- Use a tablespoon or spoon to scoop 20 equal sized balls and roll firmly before flattening with a fork
- Don’t overcook them. Don’t wait until they are going golden brown to take out the oven.
- I find these best if cooked no longer than 10 minutes. They should be slightly crunchy on outside slightly fudgey on the inside once cooked”.
5. Sugar-free Sweet Potato Brownies
These are vegan, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and super fudgy and everyone loves them. Sweetened only with honey and dates.
Sarah Cryer says “I think these speak for themselves. 16 serves of sweet potato brownies….. I wonder how long these will last?”.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!