Fudgy sugar free sweet potato brownies with chocolate icing
When 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Rebecca Garofoletti shared the photo of her sweet potato brownies that she made from her own recipe, more than 200 people liked it and many asked for the recipe, so here it is!
Rebecca says, ‘Because you know I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night then reorganise my freezer, I found a kilo of mashed sweet potato in there from a few months ago when my son was still letting me spoon feed him.
Now he eats finger foods only and I need the freezer space so what do I do, I make sweet potato brownies. Total experiment of my own recipe but they turned out amazing.
They are vegan, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and super fudgy and my guinea pig hubby loved them!’
Rebecca made a double batch and now has ‘32 servings of brownie in the fridge!’
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access thousands of family friendly recipes to help you lose weight in a healthy way.
- 500 g cooked sweet potato
- 24 dried dates soaked in boiling water for 20 mins
- 3 tbsp honey
- 100 g almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g coconut flour
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 40 g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Cut sweet potato into cubes and steam until soft. Preheat oven to 180C and line a square tin with baking paper.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain and add to food processor.
- Once sweet potato has cooked and slightly cooled add to food processor with dates and blend until well combined.
- Add in honey, almond meal, coconut oil, salt, coconut flour, cacao powder and blend until well combined.
- Spread mixture into the pan and bake for 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Set brownie aside to cool completely and make icing.
- Melt dark chocolate and combine with coconut oil and pour over cooled brownie. Cut into 16 pieces.
166 calories per serve
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for over 4,500 DELICIOUS recipes!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.