Who doesn’t want to BLAST that belly fat?? But it’s not only about looking great – strong stomach and torso muscles support your spine and hips as well as maintain good posture!
As part of the Healthy Mummy fitness workouts that are available on the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App, we include specific exercises that assist in creating a stronger core to prevent back and hip pain, tone your belly and help your overall balance and well being.
Check out these 6 top exercises to work your core and blast belly fat.
EXERCISE 1: PLANKS
- Start with a push-up position, but resting on your elbows. This is a static hold.
- If you feel any pain in your lower back, then please come down from your toes to your knees
- Tuck your tailbone under. Hold for 30 seconds
EXERCISE 2: ABDOMINAL BICYCLE CRUNCHES
Abdominal Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on your back with legs raised to a 90-degree angle at the hips. Place your hands at your ears with your elbows open. Exhale as you rotate from the waist. , taking the shoulder across to the knee. Tuck your chin down towards your chest, pretending you have a peach under your chin. Scoop the belly while extending the opposite leg straight out from the hip joint. Breathe deeply at all times. Continue to alternate each side for 30 seconds.
- Option to increase the intensity is to hold the movement on each side for 3 counts and slow down the movement.
- Make sure the abdominals are working and keep the neck in line with the spine. Be conscious to rotate at the rib cage with a full range of motion, and switch on the tummy muscle, not the hip or neck muscle.
EXERCISE 3: TOE TAPS
- Lie on your back with your legs straight up towards the ceiling. Support your head with one hand, then abdominal crunch up towards your legs, reaching up with the other hand towards your toes. Do 15 reps on each side.
- To make this exercise more difficult, just reach higher to touch your toes, and move your legs slightly away from your torso. Keep your whole back touching the ground. Or go faster with the movement to increase the intensity to burn more calories.
- Ensure that you carefully support your head at all times.
EXERCISE 4: MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- Start in a push-up starting position. Keeping your spine straight, bring alternate knees in towards the chest as fast or slow as you feel is safe and comfortable for you. Continue for 30 seconds, alternating.
- Try not to forfeit the integrity of the spine for speed.
- Focus on good core control.
EXERCISE 5: KNEE TUCK
- Lie on your back, resting on your elbows like you are on the grass watching your child. Tuck your knees into your chest and slowly extend them out towards the sky in a slightly diagonal position. Maintain core connection. repeat 10 times.
- To make this exercise easier, do not extend your legs too far, just keep doing small knee tucks activating your tummy muscles carefully.
- Make sure you have a very straight back and lengthen your spine as much as possible. Ensure you move slowly to work your core more, while supporting your back posture.
EXERCISE 6: SIDE OBLIQUE CRUNCHES
Side Oblique Crunches
- Lie on your side, then elevate your whole body off the ground, resting on your elbow. Lower back down. Do 15 reps on each side.
- To make this exercise easier, bend the bottom knee to make the plank easier, or an advanced option is to lift the top leg straight up towards the ceiling.
- Ensure your body is in the shape of a capital T. with arms straight and the rest of your body in a straight line. Maintain spine alignment reduce the potential for injuries.
Get these and so many more exercise plans and workouts on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!!!
Ready to blast your belly fat? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 minutes
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE