Who says salads are just for summer?! The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has heaps of amazing hearty and satisfying salad recipes that use seasonal ingredients, ideal for winter.
You’ll not only give your immunity a decent boost but with these winter salad recipes, you’ll feel warm and satisfied no matter how cold it is outside!
With seasonal and budget-friendly ingredients like pumpkin, spinach, kale and beetroot, all of these recipes contain fewer than 450 calories and can be on the table in no time at all. Plus, they’re all hearty enough to be served as a main course.
7 Main Meal and Winter Worthy Salads!
This is a really popular salad in the Healthy Mummy community. It’s super easy to prepare and with the delicious flavours of chorizo and feta cheese, packs a huge flavour punch!
This high protein winter salad has the lovely flavour combinations of pear and walnuts topped with a filling hard-boiled egg. YUM!
This is a great salad to enjoy in the cooler months. It is delicious and healthy and you can easily adapt the recipe to use different meat as well as add different vegetables you have in the cupboard.
- 400g butternut pumpkin, roughly chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 600g lamb backstrap, fat trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 40g low-fat feta cheese
1.Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin on a baking tray, spray with oil and season. Roast until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in another bowl.
2. Add lamb to the marinade, cover and refrigerate. Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly spray asparagus and onion with oil and season. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Set aside. Remove lamb from marinade. Barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
3. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes, then thinly slice. Add spinach, feta and pumpkin to onion mixture. Toss gently to combine. Place salad on serving plates. Top with lamb and serve.
This Thai inspired salad is PACKED with veggies and superfood quinoa with one serving going a long way!
Now you can enjoy Bacon and Egg for dinner as well as breakfast! This is so easy to whip up at the end of the day when you’re too tired to cook!
You can use any meat in this main meal salad, and even prepare the meatballs ahead of time so you can just assemble the other ingredients when you’re ready to eat!
Roasting sweet potato really brings out the flavour and sweetness of this versatile vegetable. Combined with the lovely flavours from the pesto makes this an awesome main meal salad for a cold winters night.
If you like the look of these recipes you will LOVE the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.