When following a healthy eating meal plan it’s important to remember that you should incorporate the recipes and meals to suit your lifestyle and tastes as this will make it easier to stay on track to reach your weight loss goals.
If you don’t eat certain foods, can’t always budget for every ingredient in a recipe or don’t like the taste of something, then it’s ok to make food swaps, as long as they’re healthy ones of course.
Food swap suggestions
Here are some food swap suggestions to show you how you can make the meal plans from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge your own if you want to:
- Instead of lamb cutlets use lamb steak (100g is approx 208cal) or lamb loin chops (100g is approx 224cal).
- Instead of fresh salmon or barramundi use a firm white fish that’s on special e.g. ling fillets are often a lot cheaper per kilo (100g is approx 90cal).
- If you don’t like seafood then skinless chicken breast (100g is approx 110cal) is usually a good swap and often works with the same flavours as those in seafood recipes.
- Instead of prawns use fish fillets or chicken breast.
- Lean beef rump steak is usually well priced compared with other beef cuts but another option if your budget is tight is to purchase a lean beef roast like topside (100g is approx 125cal) and cut it into individual steaks to freeze. Buying in bulk like this is often less expensive.
- Instead of ricotta use low fat cottage cheese (100g is approx 85cal). You don’t have to use the low-fat versions if you don’t want to, just allow for the differences in calories to stick within your daily guidelines.
- With fruits and vegetables you can easily make swaps to suit what’s in season or on special. Swap snow peas for beans (100g is approx 45cal) or swap sweet potato for carrots (100g is approx 40cal).
- Instead of purchasing different varieties of nuts and seeds, just stick to one or two that you like as then you can purchase them in bulk to save money.
Most of the recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can simply have the ingredients you don’t like or can’t budget for, substituted for something you’d prefer.
The affordable, realistic and easy-to-follow Mums-only Challenge
Think of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the best value personal trainer, dietitian, meal planner, chef and motivational coach with DAILY support – that you have access to every day – without the high cost and all created JUST FOR MUMS.
Each month is DIFFERENT on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge with over 100 NEW recipes added each month. EVERY MONTH you receive NEW 28 Days of FAMILY FRIENDLY customisable meal plans, daily exercise plans with videos and daily support. It’s also breastfeeding friendly.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been able to help thousands of mums lose more than 3 million kilograms (combined).