After the birth of her second baby, this gorgeous mum from Victoria was just fed up with feeling tired all the time. With the scales going in the wrong direction and none of her clothes fitting her anymore, she knew she had to make a change.
Having lost baby weight with the Healthy Mummy after her first pregnancy, Kira knew what she needed to do. As a lifetime member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Kira committed to using the Healthy Mummy App to make the lifestyle change she needed. Fast forward 14 months, and she has lost 15 kilos and 2 dress sizes!
See her story below…
Kira’s Weight Loss Story
Kira Poliseno is a 30 year old Victorian and mum to two children, a three and a half year old boy and an eighteen-month daughter.
A few months after her daughter was born, Kira found herself back at full-term pregnancy weight.
Kira shares, “The scales were just going up and up. I felt tired all the time and was constantly snacking during the day and eating ice cream most nights which I knew wasn’t healthy.”
Kira was finding it more and more difficult to find anything in her wardrobe to fit her.
“Clothes that were once baggy on me had become tight and I was embarrassed to go out. My husband took a photo of me with my son and I didn’t like what I saw. That day I decided something had to change. I had to change.”
Lucky for Kira she was already a lifetime member of The Healthy Mummy so knew what she had to do. Taking full advantage of her maternity leave and being unable to leave the house due to Victoria’s lockdowns, Kira used the time to throw herself into a Healthy Mummy lifestyle and prepare fresh meals and snacks.
“I used Healthy Mummy meal plans and love the snacks and meals. I love how they are family friendly so the whole family gets to benefit from it and I’m not having to cook separate meals which wouldn’t be practical in the long run!”
Kira also upped her exercise and started walking most days which both she and her kids enjoyed.
Back into her pre-baby clothes
“That was 14 months ago and I have lost 15kg in that time and dropped 2 dress sizes. I now fit back into my pre-baby clothes!”
Kira is loving both the physical and mental health benefits she’s feeling since losing weight.
“My resting heart rate has come right down, my BMI has gone from being overweight to a healthy weight and my fitness level has gone from being ‘poor to average’ to ‘good to very good’.My mental health has improved a lot and also my confidence!”
“I love the Healthy Mummy Smoothies”
“I have one for breakfast most days and dinner on the nights I work. I started with the original smoothies and then the premium – the premium ones are my favourite as they are so smooth and creamy although I still love the original and use a combination of both.”
Kira’s day on a plate
- Breakfast – Healthy Mummy Smoothie
- Morning tea – Coffee
- Lunch – Avocado tomato toast or the smoked ham snack plate
- Afternoon snack – apple with peanut butter, peanut butter and banana rice cakes or a Healthy Mummy cake/muffin
- Dinner – a Healthy Mummy meal, a few of my favourites are the devilled sausages, slow cooked Asian chicken, easy chicken nachos, creamy mushroom and bacon ravioli, sweet potato massaman curry, stovetop lasagne and so many more!
- Evening snack is usually one of the mug cakes or puddings.
Favourite Healthy Mummy Snacks
“Just a few of my favorite snacks are the air fryer carrot cake, apricot and white chocolate slice, Nutella bliss balls, the double chocolate honey and maple loaf and the chocolate self saucing pudding.”
Favourite App Workouts
“I love the Healthy Mummy app workouts too. My favourites are the take 10 Pilates with Jo. Just a 10 minute exercise but I can really feel it toning and strengthening my whole body! I also love the total body with weights workouts with Wendy and the step workouts with Jade!
Kira’s Three tips for success
- Don’t ever give up! My weight loss has been slow and I have had many ups and downs but I never gave up! And with that came results
- Prepare meals and snacks in advance. If you always have healthy meals and snacks available you really have no excuses!
- Take it one day at a time. Start slow if you need to, start by just going for walks and build your way up from there! I started with just walking and I’m now enjoying doing higher intensity exercises!
Join Kira on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!