This slow-cooked Asian chicken breast recipe is ideal for cooler days when all you want is something warm and slow-cooked.
It’s tender and this chicken breast recipe is cooked Asian style and full of delicious incredible flavours, which makes this dish is a winner.
Best of all, it’s only $3.20 per serve INCLUDING the rice, making it ideal if you’re following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Enjoy more of our chicken slow cooker recipes and slow cooker Asian chicken and rice recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Slow cooker Asian chicken
For those of you who aren’t aware, you can put raw chicken in a slow cooker. The design of a slow cooker or Crock-pot is that they cook raw meats and the length of cooking time and steam within the slow cooker makes it safe to eat.
What makes a dish ‘Asian-style’
The difference between a chicken recipe and Asian style, is that Asian chicken is usually made with soy sauce, hoisin sauce or sweet chilli sauce to give it that exotic twist.
Why invest in a slow cooker?
Slow cookers are perfect on those days when everyone has different activities too – you can keep meals on the ‘keep warm’ setting, everyone could just help themselves as they get home.
You can use cheaper cuts of meat as they really benefit from the low, slow cooking process (like drumsticks or cheaper meat).
If you are in the market to buy a slow cooker, we’ve done the hard work for you and asked some of our Healthy Mummy members which ones they have.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all the slow cooker that are available, just a snapshot of which ones some of our Healthy Mummy members have.
The main things to consider when buying a slow cooker are:
- Timer. Do you want a timer so that you can set it and then it will automatically switch to ‘keep warm’ when done?
- Do you want a digital display or a manual switch?
- What capacity will you need. For instance, for large legs of lamb you will need a larger one compared to cooking for one or two people?
- Do you want to be able to sear the meat in the slow cooker or are you happy to do this in a separate pan?
- How much are you willing to pay, as there are great options available at the lower end of the scale too?
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?