Bec Camm says that she first found out about The Healthy Mummy and the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge through our Facebook page. She says she was blown away by how supportive everybody was on the page.
Bec says she started trying out the free recipes and workouts from The Healthy Mummy samplers as well as the YouTube channel. Bec says that when her daughter was six weeks old, she signed up to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. “I signed up on a trial rate to see what it was about and ordered myself some smoothie tubs,” she says. “I have never looked back. I was in a really dark place mentally while I was pregnant and after I had my daughter.”
Bec says she would get anxious about leaving the house and stayed in bed most days. “To say I was miserable is an understatement.” I felt like I was drowning and only found comfort in food.
“As cliche as it sounds, being a part of the Healthy Mummy community helped pull me out of my depressive state,” Bec says The Healthy Mummy gave her something positive to focus on and gave her all the tools she needed to start living a healthy life and be the best role model she could be for her girls.
“It helped me realise my worth and slowly but surely I started to love myself again. I became truly happy when I stopped focusing on how long and hard my journey was going to be and started living in the moment and enjoying each day as it came.”
Bec lost 24kg in the 10 months following the birth of her daughter before falling pregnant again. “My third pregnancy was by far my healthiest.”
Bec says she attended boot camp sessions three times a week up until she was 32 weeks and walked as much as she could. “I gained just under 20kg through my pregnancy (which is half of what I gained in my last pregnancy!) and at 3.5 months postpartum I am down 22kg.”
Bec says she had an emergency C section, so it took a while for her to get back into being active. She says she made sure she was nourishing her body with fresh wholesome food using recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Bec’s summer goals
Bec has two main goals for this summer
1. Basal metabolic rate. “Bring my BMI category down from Obese Class II to Obese Class I.”
2. Smoothies. “Try one new smoothie combo each week.”
Bec’s favourite things about The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
1. The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app. “The challenge app itself is super handy as I can access it from anywhere as long as I have my phone. I love that I get reminders each morning about what’s on my meal plan for dinner so I can get the meat out of the freezer if needed or get the slower cooker on.”
2. The recipe hub. “The recipe hub is probably my all-time favourite feature because it is filled with thousands of incredible meals, including lots of healthier alternatives to things my family already love to eat.”
“I love that I’m able to search for recipes by ingredients and include dietary filters such as dairy-free, vegetarian or low carb. This feature regularly helps me find recipes which utilise ingredients I already have on hand which helps keep my food bill down and minimise wastage.”
3. Workouts. “The variety of long play workouts in the app keep me from getting bored. I love being able to work out at home in my lounge room if I can’t get to the gym.”
Bec’s tips for staying on track this summer
1. Exercise. “Exercise doesn’t have to be structured. In summer I love being active with my kids at the beach – swimming, flying kites, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding. There are so many fun ways you can be active.”
2. Do your workout before it gets hot. “If I do a workout, I try to get it done first thing in the morning before it gets too hot and before I start coming up with excuses to not do it. Once it’s done it’s done and I always feel so much better for it.”
3. Stay hydrated. “Stay hydrated! Lots of people often confuse hunger with thirst so try to keep your fluid intake up. I aim to drink at least two litres of water a day, more if it’s hot or I’m training. I also have sparkling mineral water on hand if I feel like something fizzy or iced herbal tea in my fridge.”
4. Celebrations. “If you’re invited to a bbq or celebration, offer to bring a plate of food so you can stay on track. Don’t beat yourself up if you indulge a little during the festive season. It’s all about moderation and making good choices for the majority of the time.”
5. Set goals and revisit them. “Set goals and revisit them often. Reflect on what’s working well to help you achieve them and figure out what you need to do differently. Put them in writing so you know exactly what you are working towards.”
7. Push yourself. “Push myself to reach 10,000 steps a day.”
8. Being able to fit into old clothes. “Comfortably fit into the XS City Chic dress I bought last month for a wedding I’m attending partway through November (I’ve been working towards this goal since the dress arrived – last time I tried it on, I still had the last 5cm of the zip to do up).”
9. Workouts. “Be able to do one push up on my toes by the end of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.”
10. Reflection. “Spend five minutes at the end of each day reflecting on how the day went and how I can better improve the following day.”
Well done, Bec on your amazing achievements!
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE