If you want to eat well, lose weight, and reduce stress about cooking – read on!
We have some insight from five Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members who have put in the work to achieve some INCREDIBLE weight loss results.
And the one thing they have in common? MEAL PREPPING!
By becoming meal prep pros, these mums have managed to drop BIG numbers, eat well, feed their families, and save money while they do it. And it’s all thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Sound good? Read on to be inspired for your own weight loss journey. Join us on the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to start your own story today.
Kaitie lost 21kg using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“Meal prepping has helped so much in my weight loss journey. I am a busy mum of two on a tight budget, and always having a freezer full of meals and snacks saves me from skipping meals or grabbing takeaway on nights where time is limited. It absolutely keeps me on track!”
Kaitie’s meal prep on a budget tips:
- Always have something in the slow cooker.
- Bulk up all mince dishes with lentils and grated vegetables.
- Use seasonal vegetables and shop specials.
- Make a weekly meal plan using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and stick to it!
Nikola lost 17kg using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“Meal prepping helps me reach my goals because I’m prepared so I won’t eat things I shouldn’t or go off track. I’m not starving myself or skipping meals as I have food prepared and ready to eat.”
Nikola’s meal prep on a budget tips:
- Utilise what you have in the pantry/fridge first. The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App is great for searching for a particular ingredient and finding related recipes.
- Plan so when it comes to shopping you are only buying food that you actually need and will use.
- Customise your meal plan e.g. use chicken breast instead of expensive seafood.
Clare lost 27kg using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“Meal prepping has been important in helping me reach my goals. I always have healthy snacks on hand which means I’m not reaching for junk food snacks. Meal prepping means I have no excuses to not stay on track.”
Clare’s meal prep on a budget tips:
- Customise your meal plan with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App and repeat meals so you don’t need to buy as many ingredients.
- Find recipes where you already have nearly all of the ingredients so you’re not buying new items all the time.
- If something is on special, stock up!
Sascha lost 30kg using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“Meal prepping has been one of the main keys to my success not only for staying on track but for staying on budget. Meal prep means there is always a back up for ‘one of those days’!”
Sascha’s meal prep on a budget tips:
- Repeat recipes, what’s for dinner is lunch the next day.
- Freeze everything that’s spare, even veggies – you’ll need it.
- When customising your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plans, pick recipes that use different methods of cooking so you can have it all going at once and be prepared quicker.
Stephanie lost 19kg using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
“Meal prepping helps me reach my goals by always having a good choice on hand. I don’t need to buy takeaway when I don’t feel like cooking and I save money.”
Stephanie’s meal prep on a budget tips:
- Vegetarian recipes are generally cheaper to make.
- Buy meat in bulk and freeze in the required portion sizes.
- Bulk cook rice, freeze in portions in a zip lock bag for a ‘quick 60 second rice’.
- Shop at farmer’s markets or fruit and vegetable stores for better and cheaper produce.
- Find 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes using similar ingredients.
Join these mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge provides mums with 24/7 support, 4,500 healthy-eating recipes and 350 fat burning exercises to help busy mums lose the baby weight.
To learn more about our challenge OR to join – click here.