No matter how much weight you’d like to lose, or how you want to improve your health, it’s really important to have realistic and planned goals each month to help keep you focussed and motivated.
Every month we select a group of real mums like you, who are changing their lives and living The Healthy Mummy lifestyle. They are on hand in the community to motivate you and offer support.
How these Mums plan on smashing their goals
Today we’ll meet four of these amazing Motivating Mums for June, who share their own specific goals for this month, along with tips and advice to help guide you through the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Raina from Bundaberg is mum to two children and has been following The Healthy Mummy for four months. She’s lost 15 kgs and feels amazing.
She says, “I first started my weight loss journey back in February, I was sick of being tired all the time and not living up to my full potential. I would see my partner and my kids playing in the backyard while I sat there watching, now I’m running around with them asking them to play with me more.”
“I started at 99kg, I am now sitting at 83kgs. I have gone from a size 20 to a 14. I still have a long way to go but I’m so motivated to get there now. I’m just so much happier within my self, I’m not starving myself and I’m enjoying what I’m doing and I can’t wait to keep going.”
“The Healthy Mummy meals have been fantastic for me and my family because I am no longer cooking two meals for everyone. My 4 and 6 year old super fussy eaters are loving what is put in front of them.”
“When all the gyms closed down and I could no longer visit my Personal Trainer, I started using the workout videos at home and honestly they are amazing! Some days my partner and daughter are right next to me working out. It’s all about family for me and this honestly does it and makes it so simple and easy.”
“My next goal is to get to the 70s before the end of the month and I don’t think I have been that small since my son was born.”
Raines who goes by the name of Daisy is from Tasmania and mum to four sons. She started her Healthy Mummy journey 4 months ago and has lost 12 kgs and over 40 cms from her body.
She says, “My reason for starting my first ever 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge was simple. I was sick of clothes being so tight all the time, having to shop in the plus-size section and not being able to bend over to tie my shoe laces without being out of breath.”
“In just 16 weeks I have discovered muscles in my body I never knew I had. My mental health and mood have changed so much and I am now a far more positive person thanks to my daily endorphin boost.”
“My goal for this month is to change up my food. Have two Healthy Mummy Smoothies for the day and workout every day.”
“My favourite Healthy Mummy Smoothie recipe is the Chocolate Banana Bread smoothie and my favourite Healthy Mummy meal I love to cook is the potato topped savoury mince pie.” (Both available in the Challenge Recipe Hub).
Daisy’s 3 Top Tips
1. Carry your water bottle wherever you go.
2. Always have a Healthy Mummy Snack Bar in your handbag (emergencies happen and it’s better to be prepared with a healthy snack than to buy the junk)
3. Focus on the positives & achievements each day. You will find if you focus on good habits – more good habit will follow.
Mum of one son 20 months from Wellard in WA, Tiana joined The Healthy Mummy two years ago while she was still pregnant, but only really committed fully at the end of September last year. Since then she’s lost 16 kgs and dropped from a size 18 to a size 12.
She shares, “Since joining The Healthy Mummy I have more energy, my moods have stabilised (I have bipolar so this is massive) and I like what I see in the mirror.”
“My little boy is my reason why. I want to be the best role model and the best version of myself for him.”
“My goal is to hit that elusive size 10, which I haven’t been in nearly 20 years. This month I’m really focusing on toning my booty and getting to run 5km.”
“In our house, the favourites are hands down Stovetop Lasagne and the High Fibre Chocolate Brownies.”
Tiana’s Tips To Get Started
1. Start small. Pick one thing to change and do it until it’s a habit and then change something else.
2. Don’t let a bad day become a bad week. We all slip up its just a matter of refocusing and not letting a small slip become a big one.
3. Move. Break it up if you need to but move your body. Dance to the Wiggles for the 5th time in one day if you have to.
Mum of one Jasmine from Merimubla NSW, started The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge five months ago and has lost 12kg from 90kg to 78kg.
She says, “I have definitely seen health benefits with my mental health, I have always suffered from anxiety and depression and I have been able to control all this through the Healthy Mummy. I eat a lot healthier and feel better in my tummy area. I do the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to help motivate myself, I really enjoy it and love how I can push myself that little bit extra every time.”
“My goals for the month is to become even fitter, even happier, to lose more belly fat, to tone up, and of cause to hit my goal weight for now 75kg only 3kg to go and I’ll smash it.”
“I have recently started using the tummy smoothie and am absolutely loving it, I feel full and I feel like my tummy is a lot better also.”
“One meal that I absolutely love and is my go-to would have to be the Chicken Tikka with rice (available in the Challenge Recipe Hub) but I must say all meals are delicious. My favourite snack would be Choc Caramel Volcano Cookies”
Jasmine’s Three Tips for Starting Out
1. Start off slow and increase over time, it’s ok if you fall back and have a rough start, just don’t give up.
2.Set yourself goals with why you want to start and always look back and remember these goals (in no time you will smash them)
3. Never never never put pressure on yourself or look at any other mum and think that’s how you want to be, because you will slowly get there. This is not something that happens overnight, remember we have all been in your shoes and support each other, no negative just positive.
Ready to SMASH YOUR GOALS this month?!!
What are you waiting for?? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Today!
Made by busy mums, for busy mums 5 star rated app with over 3k reviews.
Get unrestricted access to :
● Over 350 AT HOME WORKOUTS
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● We WILL help you SMASH your 2020 goals and give you MORE energy and body confidence
Join over 200,000+ mums today! No lock-in contracts | Designed just for mums