Meal prep is the key to staying on track with healthy eating without a lot of work.
With simple prep each week, you can stock your fridge and freezer with homemade convenience meals that can help you follow a healthy eating plan, and help you reach your overall weight loss goal.
These lovely Healthy Mummy mums know how a good meal prep can help save time and money and they have got the art down to a tee.
How meal prep has helped these mums to feel more in control of their journey
Some of our Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge mums shared what they thought of meal prepping in our Facebook Private Support Group.
Kerrie O’ Brien
Last night, Kerrie only had an hour to meal prep and really wasn’t feeling well. However, thanks to the simplicity of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan, she was able to get her meal prep done in just under an hour!
Here is what she made:
24 x Mini Ham, Spinach and Feta Muffins
This recipe can be found in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
12 x Oat Biscuits
You can find the recipe in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub
3 x Raspberry Coconut Chia Puddings
4 x serves Speedy Hummus
3 x serves Sweetcorn for Chunky Guacamole Dip & Avocado Salsa Crackers.
Kerrie also chopped her celery and carrot sticks in water and cooked them.
Healthy Mummy Smoothie prep
Very often, finding time first thing in the morning to prepare breakfast as you are rushing out the door, can pose a problem!
This is where The Healthy Mummy Smoothies can be your best friend when you want to follow a healthy lifestyle.
Our smoothies can be a true have-on-the-go meal! And if they have been prepped before, all they will need is a quick whizz! Never before has breakfast been so easy!
Our Healthy Mummy mum, Leah Romiti shows us how it is done.
“I do this (Smoothie prep) every Sunday as part of my meal prep. It takes about three minutes and it’s a life saver for during the week!! I need to buy a few more containers though as hubby is having smoothies every morning now too.”
Leah has lost an amazing 15kg with The Healthy Mummy, read more of her story here.
Read her steps to a great smoothie prep below.
1. Gather all your ingredients, measuring utensils and containers
2. Measure out your ingredients up and fill your containers.
3. Store your filled containers with the lids
4. When you are ready to make your smoothie, cut up your fruit and place in your blender with your liquid.
In this case, Leah is using water and ice.
5. Add your dry ingredients and whizz
6. Serve immediately – yum!
These mums certainly have the meal pre thing down! Thanks for sharing your tips with us Kerrie and Leah.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.