All natural sugar-free choc-berry chia pudding
This recipe for a Choc Berry Chia Pudding is packed with antioxidants and essential fatty acids that comes from chia seeds and is made without refined sugar or white flour, getting its sweetness from honey, cocoa and cinnamon instead.
And if you’re on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, it’s a great dessert to enjoy that isn’t packed with empty calories like many store bought sweet treats!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- a pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- A few fresh blackberries as a garnish
- Strawberries, raspberries or blueberries can be used instead of blackberries
- Add a dash of vanilla extract for a vanilla taste
- Skim milk, rice milk or oat milk all can be used instead of the almond and coconut milks
- Chopped almonds, macadamias, dates or walnuts can be added as a topping
- Briskly stir all the ingredients together in a bowl (or shake in a jar) except for the blackberries.
- Once all the ingredients are very well combined, refrigerate in a sealed contained or jar for a minimum of 3 hours (overnight is best).
- Every few hours or so check the mixture to ensure it hasn’t separated too much (stir if necessary).
- Remove from the fridge and serve chilled in little bowls, with fresh blackberries as a garnish
Calories per serve: 315